Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Mounting hardware

Posted 05/03/2011 at 12:21 AM by Rotknee
Updated 05/03/2011 at 12:27 AM by Rotknee

I removed the plywood shelf and will be mounting my main hardware to it. I will obviously be using Vortech powerheads to move water around the tank. I have two now and seriously considering a third powerhead for the right side of the tank. The acrylic structure you see in the pic was designed and built to hold my Profilux controller and dosing units. The space in between the battery backup unit and shelf will fit my Profilux wave controller perfectly. Not 100% sure I will mount it there yet? ...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21235 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Rotknee is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Dwarf Angels and their Beloved Rocks

Posted 04/30/2011 at 09:05 PM by Angel*Fish
Updated 04/30/2011 at 09:20 PM by Angel*Fish

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=4][COLOR=Black]Rocks are their life!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][B]Safety[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [SIZE=3]
Dwarf angels are [I]all[/I] grazers and they spend their day swimming in and out of the rocks. Angels need less open swimming space in your tank and more loosely stacked rock replete with large spaces to swim through and to hide in. Having caves, keeping the rock off the back glass and making separate bommies are all ideal. A tank with few rocks is inappropriate and likely...
cats and large squashes
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21823 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Angel*Fish is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Requesting help with PAB

Posted 04/27/2011 at 07:09 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:14 PM by snorvich
Tags profilux

IF you have PAB power bars they do not plug into S1S4, they plug into PAB ports. On the back of your profilux you have two PAB ports and on the power bar there is a PAB port, the cable (RJ45 which is standard cat5e cable) plugs into this.

From the very first part of the manual
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...n_PAB_V500.pdf

"1 Connection
Devices with ProfiLux Aquatic Bus – in short PAB – are connected to the corresponding RJ45...
Team RC member
Posted in Profilux
Views 16537 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Assistance with wireless connection of P3e

Posted 04/27/2011 at 07:06 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:15 PM by snorvich
Tags profilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyf View Post
Me again.

So now I have consumed my entire Sunday morning attempting to coax the P3e to connect wirelessly to PLC 5.0.4.2. I am not kidding when I tell you that I have been through the process 10 times, repeating it slavishly as set out in GHL’s instructions (W)LAN instructions and Boboxx’s notes in his post above.

Just to run through the network hardware again:
(1) Wireless router – Netgear N300 Model WNR200v2
(2) Wireless adaptor – Netgear Universal
Team RC member
Posted in Profilux
Views 16663 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Problems =(

Posted 04/26/2011 at 01:06 PM by Rotknee

While waiting on the bulkheads I went ahead and started filling the tank. I'll admit that patience has always been one of my challenges. I added 100lbs of sand. Specifically, 40lbs of dry and 60lbs of live CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand. I rinsed and soaked the dry sand for four days in RO water and it did very little to cloud the water. The murky looking water is the result of adding the live sand.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/shonuff66/sumpplumbing005.jpg[/IMG]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21840 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Rotknee is offline Edit Tags