Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > luamada
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Deciding start over? Buy another tank? Used or new?

Posted 09/09/2013 at 12:24 PM by luamada
Updated 09/11/2013 at 02:13 PM by luamada

I need your help
I have been reading all the post in here to learn as much as possible about this hobby and now I come to conclusion and need your help to see if you agree with me. Here is my situation and my history.

Aptasia:
I am done fitting them and want to either sell my tank to someone for fish only thank with my fishes I have listed several times but when they call me on it I cannot get myself to sell them. So I guess my only hope will be to start fresh and then move my fishes there.

..? Should I get a temp tank (which I could buy used for $500 or borrow a 55G from a friend but it is empty and it was a reptile tank so it does not have the filtration system) and move my fishes in there then fix my tank (run chlorine on it for 3 days) clean the tank than put fresh salt water with a dechlorinator on it for another 2 days then redo my rocks with dead rocks which I was planing on putting salt water in a container and running it with a few days with dead shrimp to get the new rock to start the bacteria process while I am fixing my tank. How long does it take for a rock to be reef ready if it is dry rock now? Is this something that I can hope to get my tank running and fixed?

I really want to start with dead rock. I have bought about 80 pounds so far and was thinking about starting to put them in a big garbage container and adding water to them and the dead shrimp. Please advise
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10934 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments