Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

random observations, thoughts on life, humorous stories....from the studio while I paint.
Rate this Entry

what if.......

Posted 02/27/2010 at 11:35 PM by superkat

just throwing this out there...what if you went to your doctor for a check up...maybe for something serious that you've kicked in the past...and your doctor asks you what your goals are for the rest of your life. Your standard answer...maybe...go someplace you've never been...pay off your debt...learn a new hobby....

what if he told you, "you are no longer in remission." or, "you have lived a great life, you have much to be thankful for" or something that made you believe that your time was now something incredibly precious.

What would you change? What wouldn't you change? And how would you act towards friends? family? strangers? enemies? Would you laugh more? cry less? happy dance over something as silly as a snowflake on your nose?

Close your eyes and think about what your choices would be in that situation.....and let me know what you come up with.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 42780 Comments 16 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. New Comment
    IDK, thats a hard question. sure there are alot of things i would change, but if did would i be where i am now? would i have the ppl in my life i have now? wife kids... or would everything be different or worse? looking back theres alot i would change but not if it meant sacrificing my family. I dont think i would treat ppl differently i think i do a great job now. I laugh alot anyway i dont think i can laugh any more im a joker. definatly i would cry less!! there would be alot of questions i would have for the dr. but i would never give up even if he said there is no chance for survival. Just listen to the tim magraw song: live like you were dying !
  2. New Comment
    That is a great song! I love that song. I like what you said about never giving up. That is a big deal. A lot of people will give up...and I think that leads to death...maybe not physical death all the time, but death of your spirit...your dreams...
  3. New Comment
    Ya gotta tell the ones you love that you love them-too many times this goes undone.

Then jump out of a plane-never had the guts to do it but in this situation...

A quote i came up w/ long ago

w/ what little time we have we must...

you complete the quote
  4. New Comment
    I rockin to pandora Indigo girls mix-Dido is on now

Now indigo girls -welcome me

Paintings are lookin real good Kat!

You put water and sky together and it's a homerun everytime!
  5. New Comment
    A co worker of mine just came to me and let me know his cousin was gunned down in gang dispute. Going home and kiss my girls.
  6. New Comment
    oh man...that's awful. thanks for the compliments! I love Dido! That's neat about the water and sky together...it took me a long time to get that right. and then one day i stopped looking at the outside world, like the sky, water...in 3 dimensions...i looked at it 2 dimensionally and then began to see it come together ...it just clicked.
  7. New Comment
    I love to include water in all my paintings-most from imagination. Tracey Chapman is on now. Getting back to painting is something I imagine is like writers block -you really need to have want to do it.-acrylic or oils??

Kat you must have some good coffee-or a real short sleep schedule-god bless ya!
  8. New Comment
    I heard rumours- i heard talk -about the trail you left of broken hearts-It's only smoke and ashes baby
  9. New Comment
    Good night Kat-sleep well-I'm off to play call of duty til 5:30am-Xbox and beers-what a great combo!!
  10. New Comment
    hey there...good choices in music, for sure! um...sleep...yeah...i don't need it...i guess. i have ambien, but when i take it, i sometimes don't remember what i've done because i can blow through it...mostly...i just clean...sometimes rearrange furniture...we keep a lot of ice packs handy...lmao.

i use both acrylic and oil. i love acrylic because the clean up is awesome...and i mix all sorts of stuff in the paint. when i do my reefs (which i'll be painting/sculpting one at the classroom swap---yipee!), i mix in sand from the beach, or ashes from our fireplace. real flowers, twigs, bark..whatever gives me some good texture. i just started doing the sky without a brush...i smudge the paints in layer by layer with either my fingers or a cotton ball. mostly...i listen to really deep music, or classical music (love chopin and rachmoninoff) while i paint...and time flies by...it really is sometimes better painting than sleeping.

oh no...your a COD player? someone was teaching me that once...almost pulled the trigger on a PS3...i used to be a big gamer when Nintendo was around...not so much now...lol.

thanks for stopping by!
  11. New Comment
    very cool media-my father did a painting w/ a cigar as the brush. it hangs in my office. I used to do alot of 3-d art but found that people love to touch it and eventually the piece would get damaged.
  12. New Comment
    that's awesome. touching...yeah...lots and lots and lots and lots of polyurethene....especially on the reefs.
  13. New Comment
    I was just at the drs the other day and he wants me in for a physical-hmmm? Luckily he didn't say right away-that would not be good.
  14. New Comment
    HUh never thought of polying my paintings-alot of wood work yes but artwork-thats a good idea! Seal it right up!
  15. New Comment
    physical, schmisical. you'll be fine.

i like peeps to be able to touch the paintings...so that's what i came up with to protect them.
  16. New Comment
    Good night Kat!