Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

Unread

Randomness.......

Posted 08/30/2010 at 04:15 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

this got started under another blog...so moving to here...

starting with this one:

The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 47945 Comments 9 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Missing an old friend

Posted 08/28/2010 at 09:00 PM by Mmckibben

At age 1 my family decided to get me a cat. He was a lazy, crazy, home work eating cat. I grew up my hole life with this spastic cat. Today is the year anniversary of his death. We live in colorado, and as all people who live in colorado know, don't leave your pets out side. He was eaten by a big owl. I'll miss him, he always brought light to every day. All you had to do was stand up and he would freak out an run out the room. During any storm, rain or snow, he would hide in one of the card board...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 84858 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

People on a Bus

Posted 08/28/2010 at 12:19 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 08/28/2010 at 05:55 AM by superkat

I actually have the entire house to myself tonight...it makes me shudder to tell you that my S.O. is on a bus right now on his way to Washington D.C. Now...granted, that's not big news...it's WHO he's on the bus with. Yes, I am a Republican, but no...I would not board a bus with a bunch of old, fat angry retired americans wearing yellow shirts and swearing to start a tea party that would boot Obama out of office. I must draw a line SOMEWHERE. And that is SO FAR OUT of my comfort zone that...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 43620 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Reconnecting

Posted 08/26/2010 at 02:04 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 08/26/2010 at 02:12 AM by superkat

For almost two months, I had to put away a portion of who I am for the love of my work. Tonight, I was able to reconnect on a number of levels. First, was getting back to my yoga class which was filled with old and new faces...all glad to have me back...second, was spending almost 3 hours afterwards with my old Pastor and dear friend, Dorothy.

It was a much needed evening.

So many things going on around me that impact my life, the way I act, what I do, who I talk...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 36712 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Two out of five corals doing bad, can't figure out why.

Posted 08/22/2010 at 12:08 AM by Mmckibben

Hi, I need a little help. So my Candy cane coral, and Wild Eye Favia are doing bad. The candy can corals polyps have been 1/5 their normal size for around two weeks. The Favia's polyps have receded half way, and some look as if they are melting. Both have a very slight loss of pigmentation. I checked ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosophate, calcium, alkaline, magnesium, pH, and salinity; all check out fine. My sps and soft corals are doing fine. The only other LPS i have is a Wisker coral who has...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 85886 Comments 3 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags