Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

1. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Hi and thank you for your contributions on the Prodibio products!

I have almost 150 gallons total water volume. I have several questions:
    1) Do I dose 3 vials of BioDigest and 3 vials BioPTim?
    2) Do I stop running the skimmer when I dose these...if yes, for how long?
    3)Should I continue to run the GAC & GFO reactors?
    4) Do I dose these every 15 days (as seen on the Prodibio website) as I have high nitrate levels, hair algae and cyano?
    4) Will BioDigest & BioPTim get my nitrates to 5ppm or less when I have a heavy fish load and feed heavy?

Thanks for your assistance!
  2. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Hello, I am very interested in your product, but have a couple question. My system is roughly 330 gallons of saltwater. I have 2displays connected to each and a sump with a skimmer I currently am using active carbon, I just stop using a gfo because I just started using biopellets. If I started to use your product would I stop the biopellets? Also could I run a gfo or do you not recommended it? For my size system is you regular product enough or do I have to step up to the pro product? If I use the pro would I extend the dose from 15 days to 20-25? Last question what do you think about combining your product with a zeo media product in a reactor?

I want to thank you for starting this blog, this was just what I was looking for to get some questions answered!
  3. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Yes I understand that but I'm concerned about suddenly stopping vodka and going with the Prodibio, so my question is "can I use the vodka and the Prodibio at the same time?" Maybe use the bacteria only with the vodka? Thanks for your help! ;=0)
  4. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Prodibio replaces the need of Vodka. Prodibio bioptim is a natural carbon source
  5. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

I have been Vodka dosing for almost 3 months because of high nitrates. Can I use BioDigest and Bioptim and still continue to dose the Vodka (5.5 ml)? Thanks!
  6. New Comment
  7. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Yep thats it in a nut shell
  8. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

hi
    so just to make sure..prodibio will lower po4 and no3 and ad to the bacterial strains in the system...i don’t run a skimmer or any other gadget only a trigal filter in the overflow compartment with nitrate spunch in the retune chamber..the tank is 315l with mixed reef and fish..i don’t do regular water changes. the system been going 15years now, can i use this product one vale of each every 20 days...? will it deplete the nutrients that feed the corals as well? Corals are mostly soft corals some sps and lps..and a bta...8 fish
  9. New Comment
  10. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Hi

I would not mix and match other bio sources with prodibio you could deplete your nutrients too low.

You cna use other amino additives from the zeovit range this is a proven positive method.
  11. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

I have a 1000l system so would I dose 5 vials of Bio Clean every 15 days?. Would using Microbe Lift Special Blend have any adverse affect with the Bio Clean?
  12. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Thank you so much for your quick response.
  13. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Hi

I would ozone treat any NSW prior to putting in a reef system, it is not just bacteria you need to worry about its also any pathogen, put an air stone with a water pump in the NSW container and leave running for an hour, in a very well ventilated area. After treatment leave for 24 hours for the ORP to reduce back down with the pump only running.
  14. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

I am using Prodibio in my reef aquarium and is very impressed. I am using NSW (natural sea water) for water changes and is very worried about the bacteria in the water. What can you recommend in treating the water if neccessary at all or will Biodigest get rid of all the bad bacteria?
  15. New Comment

Fauna Marin Balling review

what happen to the rest of the blog?
  16. New Comment

The ProfiLux tutorial and Review

Hi

Most DIYers use Meanwell drivers this uses a 1-10V interface and works very well with the Prodfilux

for you system however it all depends on how the power supply dims the LED's, where does it get the driving signal from?
  17. New Comment

can i have your opinion? So i have a diy led system using 21 cree xpgs running on a 24 volt 4A dimming multi voltage power supply. I have it running on a standard magnetic house dimmer. Do you think a setup like this could work with the profilux?
  18. New Comment

Glad I could help

The ProfiLux features have expended even further since my post here, if you would like to here more up to date info drop me an email at sales@aqua-digital.com where I can go through in great detail everything the profiLux can offer you
  19. New Comment

i had just made an led system with a dimmable power supply when i saw the post on profilux and aquaillumination. That sent me on a price hunt for aquarium computers. The problem was not many people had posts on the other features profilux has. they always raved about the light features and how amazing they were. so thanks for talking about the other features
  20. New Comment

ProdiBio explained

Thanks that's what I did. Dark gray and stinky. I got the sand and some of the rock back in. Thanks again