Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread
Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Blog start - 9/27/2009

Posted 09/27/2009 at 11:42 AM by diverdick

Well, here is day 1 :wavehand:

Changed 65 250w MH. Moving to 14k vs. 20k on the DE system. BTW, I do not like DE MH systems. Affordable for sure, lousy reflectors in most compact type systems.
Registered Member.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 37705 Comments 2 Go to first new comment diverdick is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Testing

Posted 09/27/2009 at 09:10 PM by Sisterlimonpot

Have you seen my tanks stand build?
Check it out
R.C. Fraternity President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 38191 Comments 1 Go to first new comment Sisterlimonpot is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Blog

Posted 09/27/2009 at 09:26 PM by Sisterlimonpot

Test
R.C. Fraternity President
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 57618 Comments 7 Go to first new comment Sisterlimonpot is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Kati ani on sale now at readyaquatics.com

Posted 01/26/2012 at 07:33 AM by ReadyAquatics

[B]ON SALE NOW![/B]
Kati/Ani is the choice of reef aquarium experts worldwide. Now is your opportunity to get these at a great price!

The German manufacturer of these amazing two-column deionizers has been producing units for over 30 years. World famous with aquarists that want the purest water, Kati/Ani is back in the USA for the first time since 2008; there have been no fresh imports since then. Unlike the very low grade mixed-bed resins, popularized with RO units to reduce...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 17381 Comments 0 Go to first new comment ReadyAquatics is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Best practice quarantine protocol

Posted 03/31/2012 at 09:19 AM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)

My suggested protocol is to use tank transfer for all new specimens to insure against cryptocaryon irritans. 12 days and two 20 gallon tanks is all it takes.

The initial receiving tank is temp and SG adjusted to the bag water( SG a few points couple of points lower than the bagwater is ok but not higher) This obviates the need for drip acclimation and prolonged stays in bag water where pH can rise and ammonia toxicity can increase once the bag is opened. This is particularly important...
Team RC member
Views 18199 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags