Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Life Is a Puzzle

Posted 04/27/2010 at 12:30 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

[B]....and I suck at puzzles.

I learned something about myself this evening. The first night I've truly had off in months...I learned that I can no longer trust my discernment. There are aspects of life where one can find stability. The funny thing about that is that stability can often be unbelievably boring. I have never lived my life in a boring manner. I absolutely THRIVE on adventure. But even the simplest of adventures require the proper equipment. For instance, if you...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 75053 Comments 16 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Living your life

Posted 07/13/2010 at 05:03 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

So far, I've managed to beat every single odd associated with Takayasu's Arteritis, a disease I was supposed to die from in 2001. I have learned to live my life with an edge that most may find risky, or uncomfortable. But I hold no secrets to the success of life. It is different for everyone. What works for me may not work for others...but I can tell you this, that living life in a state of negativity, regret and "what if" scenarios does nothing but wear down your spirit, cause you to...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35225 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Safe

Posted 08/21/2010 at 02:13 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Definitions of [B][I]safe[/I][/B] on the Web:

1. free from danger or the risk of harm
2. strongbox where valuables can be safely kept
3. a ventilated or refrigerated cupboard for securing provisions from pests
4. safe(p): having reached a base without being put out; "the runner was called safe"
5. dependable: financially sound

When I was growing up in Steuben County...the summer evenings consisted of playing...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 185422 Comments 29 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Reconnecting

Posted 08/26/2010 at 02:04 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)
Updated 08/26/2010 at 02:12 AM by superkat

For almost two months, I had to put away a portion of who I am for the love of my work. Tonight, I was able to reconnect on a number of levels. First, was getting back to my yoga class which was filled with old and new faces...all glad to have me back...second, was spending almost 3 hours afterwards with my old Pastor and dear friend, Dorothy.

It was a much needed evening.

So many things going on around me that impact my life, the way I act, what I do, who I talk...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 35940 Comments 0 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

A Ship Has Sailed

Posted 09/27/2010 at 10:36 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

I love cruises. I love the excitement from three months before I even arrive at the terminal. I love packing for the adventure...I love not knowing what each day will bring. I love that I am pampered, treated as though I was the most important person aboard that ship. I would like to correlate this to my life....

The Preparation:

I spend hours determining what I will need...even what others will need. I put everything into a pile and then start sorting. Two scents...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 80293 Comments 7 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags