Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > sacremon
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Bought a tank

Posted 04/25/2010 at 05:50 PM by sacremon

I visited the LFS today to see if the owner had any news on any sales for tanks. He said that both Marineland and AGA have sales throughout the year, usually about four time per year. Today he said that a Marineland sale had just started, and the AGA sale was extended to Tuesday. And the sale on the Marineland tanks/stands was better than he expected. I'm guessing that the economy has not been kind to the marine aquarium trade, as it is luxury for most.

As a result, I was able to purchase a 300DD, oak Majestic stand, 40g breeder for the sump and a 20g high for the top off all for $1900, including tax. Delivery will be free provided I can find two sturdy guys to help out, which I know I can get. Now starts the logistics planning of where to move the present fish for however long it takes to cycle the new tank, as the new tank needs to be in the same spot that the present tank is located, more or less. The LFS owner has suggested using the film used to tint auto windows as the backing for the tank. It is cheap, easy to apply, and if I ever want to sell the tank and the new owners don't want it, it can be peeled off easily.

The space under the stand will give me enough room for a little display tank, maybe I will clean up the 30g long I use as a sump presently. I've been wanting to get a flower urchin, but didn't want to have it in the DT for fear of the lion deciding to perch on it, or the rabbit running up against it, and thus having a dead fish or two.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12208 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments