Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > My Journey into Reefkeeping
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

no title, really

Posted 01/29/2013 at 06:59 AM by Avonlea,PA
Updated 01/29/2013 at 07:03 AM by Avonlea,PA (added photo)

Alright, so things are progressing along. I* was able to build my stand in just a few days time. I'm in the final stages now; just sanding and prepping for paint. I built my stand based on this one: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1213499. Turns out Dustin, the member who built it, now sell plans for it on eBay. It was worth the $14.95 to me. I'm building mine without the side book cases. I'm also holding off on building the top portion for a while, as I won't need it...for a while. Once I figure out a site I can use to host pictures, I'll add some.

I also got the back of the tank painted. I used Valspar gloss black. That stuff is cheap crap. I couldn't get good coverage and kept seeing light come through. I went and bought a can of Rustoleum (after using an entire can of Valspar) and was able to get full coverage with one coat. I laid a plastic drop cloth down in my small den and painted it there. Boy, spray paint sure does drift. I now need to rent a carpet cleaner machine. It's not too bad actually. Most of it came up with just vacuuming.

Oh, and I ordered Bulkheads last night. Got the ABS ones. I'm fairly certain they'll fit the holes in my tank.

I think that's it for now. I'm heading out to the shed to sand and hopefully begin priming the stand.

Just figured out the picture thing, so here is the stand so far:

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11128 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments