Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Whiterabbitrage
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Catching an uncatchable fish

Posted 02/03/2014 at 12:19 AM by Whiterabbitrage

[QUOTE=Whiterabbitrage;22387077]Yes but what about firefish? They are hiding in rocks at night, not curious enough to go into a trap and eat food so small you can't bait it on a hook. So how do you catch them?[/QUOTE]

Catch dartfish with a XX- large plastic fish bag. Submerge it. Be sure the mouth of the bag is open as wide as possible. Leave it where the shy fish swims. The fish will get used to the bag and swim in.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21942 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. New Comment
    I uses a plastic two litter bottle to catch my wrass cut the top off about 1/4 of the way then cut the top off wide enough reversed the top into the bottom and put food in there then set it in my tank took a couple hours
  2. New Comment
    I have used this method in the past and worked for a very stubborn chromis. Didnt work however for the chromis that was less than an inch long...
    Posted 02/20/2014 at 07:29 PM by saltwatrmadness saltwatrmadness is offline