Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > sacremon
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Flukes vanquished, experience with an online retailer

Posted 11/17/2010 at 09:23 AM by sacremon

10 days of PraziPro plus 5 days of Kanaplex seem to have done the trick. Everyone's eyes are back to being clear, and everyone is eating.

I'm trying to decide which fish to add next, the Ctenochaetus binotatus or the Pterois radiata. I want to add the volitans after the radiata, because it is the more aggressive eater. Chris has to separate them now in order for the radiata to get something to eat. What I need to do for the radiata is to get off my behind and get the old 30g sump from my previous tank cleaned out and make it ready to hold feeder fish. I figure black mollies, as they can be gradually acclimated to marine. I will, of course, be trying to get the radiata onto frozen food, but in the meantime, I will need something else to feed it.

I ordered six lettuce sea slugs from bluezooaquatics.com. They arrived yesterday (I work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays). I found the box at the door about 30 minutes after it had been delivered. The FedEx delivery person has yet to grasp the concept of ringing the doorbell when delivering a package that has LIVE TROPICAL FISH stamped on every side of the box - this is the second time this has happened. I called FedEx and complained about it last time, so it isn't like I am just hoping inspiration comes spontaneously. The sea slugs were individually bagged, which was probably a good thing as one of them was quite dead. Another was looking like it was barely alive and the other four were fine. I acclimated the five non-goo ones and introduced them into the tank. I watched the one I thought as barely alive for 30 minutes and decided it was no longer alive. Instructions from bluezooaquatics' website was to photograph the animals, then salt them, then freeze them. Salting the dead ones produced no response, so it really was dead. I emailed photos to BZA, who responded that they were sorry for the loss, they would give me credit for the two dead sea slugs, and I could discard the ones in the freezer. Good enough. Two of the sea slugs have decided that the upper left front of my tank is the place to hang out, and have been there since about an hour after entering the tank. The other two appear to have been exploring around, and I couldn't find them this morning. I don't think the zebra moray will consider them food, but I guess I will find out.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 38212 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. New Comment

hi

hi my dear how are you today i hope that you are fine my name is Kate Williams am 23 years old am from Liberia please can we be a good friend's am a good girl with respect i will tell you all about me latter please i will expect your reply very soon please try to reply thanks from yours good friend Kate.here is my email address [email]katewilliams@gala.net...thanks[/email]