Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Done with the power hog!

Posted 12/09/2010 at 03:29 PM by bdare

I'm selling off my chiller, chiller feed pump, 2 MH's and 4 over driven T5's and moving into the realm of LED.

To practice my DIY skills I ordered a small retrofit kit which I'll use to light my sump. Once I'm confortable enough I'll drop the loot and get a big retro for the main display!
Salty Dude
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18461 Comments 0 Go to first new comment bdare is offline Edit Tags
Unread

0 for 2 or 3 on radiata

Posted 12/06/2010 at 08:40 AM by sacremon

The radiata stopped eating in the LFS QT, and it died about 12 days after that. Likely cause was that the fish was collected too small and got damaged in transit. Chris tells me the collectors for the regions that the radiata come from tend to be fairly indiscriminate, netting what they can without regard to what has been requested in terms of size, or indeed at time, species. He says the distributor has another on hand, and he will get that one in. If that one is in poor shape, I will spare...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18505 Comments 0 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Thanksgiving

Posted 11/24/2010 at 12:27 AM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

Well, this is certainly a topic that many may jump right into and have a list of things that they are thankful for.....but some of us....maybe are pulling at straws to find something to be thankful for...and tonight, I just wanted to share a few that are first and foremost in my heart:

1. My children.
- It really is something when a bad day can be turned around by a hug from a child...or a sarcastic comment from your adult daughter. When Liam holds me, or touches my...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 538030 Comments 4 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

What Dreams May Come

Posted 11/21/2010 at 10:35 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

What Dreams May Come is a 1998 film about a man who dies and finds himself in a heaven more amazing than he could have ever dreamed of, but without his wife, who killed herself after he died. He decides to risk eternity in hell for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.

When I am done writing, I am going to watch this movie tonight. Because there are very few people on this planet that would sacrifice themselves for someone else. I realized this during...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1081037 Comments 14 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Flukes vanquished, experience with an online retailer

Posted 11/17/2010 at 09:23 AM by sacremon

10 days of PraziPro plus 5 days of Kanaplex seem to have done the trick. Everyone's eyes are back to being clear, and everyone is eating.

I'm trying to decide which fish to add next, the Ctenochaetus binotatus or the Pterois radiata. I want to add the volitans after the radiata, because it is the more aggressive eater. Chris has to separate them now in order for the radiata to get something to eat. What I need to do for the radiata is to get off my behind and get the old 30g sump...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 38584 Comments 1 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags