Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Ollie's Reef
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

This blog is a chronological discussion of changes and updates to my Reef Tank.
  1. New Comment

Still getting started at 6 months old

Thanks for the question and sorry the the late reply, I must have missed the notification ... opps!

I have 3 Mangrove plants in the pots, which are down to 2 now. I put them in as part of my effort to reduce Nitrates, along with my Refugium. The two Mangroves are doing well now, since there are still Nitrates and Phosphates in the tank. The readings for Nitrates and Phosphates are both zero, though, which means the Algae, Mangroves and Refugium are eating them all up.

Here's a couple pictures of what they look like today. BTW, I also just added a 8x8x4 block of Marinepure to the Refugium, which I'm hoping will help eliminate the unwanted algae in my Display Tank. I also just started Vodka dosing a week ago and that seems to be helping a little so far. I'm moving very cautiously with the dosing and hoping not to crash the system.

2. New Comment

Still getting started at 6 months old

What do you have in the three plant pots?