Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > maysorum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

I lied (again), I'm setting up a LiterMeter III

Posted 03/01/2010 at 11:55 AM by maysorum

I'm not sure how ended up deciding to buy a calcium reactor. I should have known that it was a mistake from the beginning. I always felt slightly uncomfortable with the thought of setting one up. I guess, I thought I was brave enough. It turns out I'm not brave at all.

The calcium reactor is collecting dust as I haven't been able to sell it for a reasonable price even though it's brand new! Oh well, I'll just save it for the next set-up (or when my courage returns).

Anyway, I received my LiterMeter III and I'm happy to report that the impending set-up doesn't make me nervous at all. I still need to reorganize the sump area, but I will do it this week fo' sure. No more procrastinating!

I also decided to order a BRS dual GAC and GFO reactor, which should be here soon. I'm having a little algae growth, but not the bad kind (hair). It's more like macro algea. I want to keep it in check, since its growth is telling me that there are potential nutrient export problems. Hence the BRS reactor.

I've had considerable coral growth since I started using the BRS 2-part (really 3-part) solution. I'm planning to take some photos of the new growth, so look for those in the coming week.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 19653 Comments 1 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. New Comment
    I got my sump area organized, finally! All the wires and devices are off the ground and mounted to the stand. No more potential fire or electrical hazards! Wow, organizing the sump area is truly a yucky chore. It took 4 hours, lots o' cussing, and some elbow grease, but in the end it was well worth it.

I also ran the Litermeter pumps to break them in a bit. Next on my to-do list: calibrate the pumps. Yay!