Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > Mmckibben
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Weird creatures

Posted 02/11/2010 at 06:19 PM by Mmckibben

Hi, so over the past six months I've lost all of my fish. Their symptoms seemed to match velvets disease except they had no white spots, and died two days after symptoms would first appear. I treated the tank with a reef safe medication, and did the copper treatment on each fish. That did nothing! It's now been a month since the last on died, and these weird swimming worms have appeared. They look like bristle worms with little heads and four eyes. They only come out at night in groups of 4 or five. Most of them were only half an inch long, but I found this 2 in long one in my refugium. I couldn't find any mention of these guys on the web, so I thought I might ask RC. I'd like any info on this you might have on this. Thanks
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15957 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. New Comment
    Holy smokes thats the scariest and weirdest thing~so many weird creatures in the sea. =P srry i have no idea~but if i were u i did watch how the corals react to the worms =P
  2. New Comment
    Every thing except the fish are healthy.
  3. New Comment
    The worms are gone. now my aiptasia problem is back, and two of my acropora have had rapid tissue necrosis. Thank goodness I had some spare meds from the last time. At the same time my wisker coral went into reproductive mode and spewed sperm all over my tank.What's next, aliens?