Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Lighting on my Aquaria

Posted 10/07/2009 at 05:17 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:22 PM by snorvich

I am converting all of my tanks to LED. In my 8 foot 240 gallon tank, I have seven Aqua Illumination SOL Blue lights which are controlled by a Profilux controller. In my 350 gallon 30 inch deep tank I am using 3 Pacific Sun fixtures, again controlled with Profilux.
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 48746 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Calcium Supplementation

Posted 10/07/2009 at 04:13 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:28 PM by snorvich

I formerly used aquacare calcium reactors. However I am converting to dosing 3 part with a GHL slave doser. I selected the slave doser although the tank is Profilux controlled because the dosing vats are in the basement
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 45972 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Skimmers

Posted 10/07/2009 at 04:10 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:29 PM by snorvich

I use Bubble King Skimmers. I have looked at various brands in the past and settled on these. Present day technology has a lot of other good options that were unavailable at the time I selected what I use now.
Team RC member
Posted in Builds
Views 24130 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Some of the fish I keep or have kept in my two tanks include:

Posted 10/07/2009 at 04:08 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:30 PM by snorvich

I see various posts on reef central about keeping fairy and flasher wrasses in the tank. Let me be very clear: they WILL jump and eggcrate will not keep them in the tank. The best way to socially acclimate new fairy and flasher wrasses is with a breeder cup to isolate them from existing inhabitants for a while until any potential curiosity/aggression has had a chance to dissipate.

I am a big fan of anthias! I have resplendant, carberyi in my two tanks.
Team RC member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 62125 Comments 2 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Next Step - Upgrade for Future Power Failures

Posted 10/06/2009 at 07:43 AM by slow_leak

While the simple upgrade of splitting circuit load may help, I still would like to know basic tank parameters and electrical power status if I am gone away to call for help or get home ASAP.

APEX controller can inform you by text messages but only if back up power to PC is working. I'll try to

Will be the next step in long term success. The best way I can see to give 24 hrs of reserved energy is with the Tunze Stream Two. Two car batteries in parallel will provide...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 21766 Comments 0 Go to first new comment slow_leak is offline Edit Tags