Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > maysorum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Some new photos—yippee!

Posted 01/09/2010 at 08:47 PM by maysorum

The tank has some new creatures as of yesterday... I finally have fish! And I'm kind of in disbelief, the tank is finally mature. I added two different groups: Nemanthias carberryi and Zoramia leptacanthus.

The Anthias are beautiful and seem quite shy, yet emboldened by the Long Spine Cardinals (I also think the Cardinals are emboldened by the Anthias). It's really amazing to see them swimming together, both have such different styles. The Cardinals keep such a tight formation even under heavy flow and the Anthias remind me of frolicking puppies.

The Anthias were the first to eat, what a surprise! They are little piglets. The Cardinals were much shyer at first, but they've really started competing for food (what a relief). I'm feeding a combination of Spirulina Brine Shrimp, Mysis, and Cyclop-Eeze. The Spirulina Brine Shrimp are the favorite.

Here's some new pictures of the fish! These pictures were taken with a macro lens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z_Leptacanthus1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	25   Click image for larger version

Name:	Z_Leptacanthus2.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	26   Click image for larger version

Name:	NCandZL.jpg
Views:	73