Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > insane
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

What to do what to do

Posted 12/08/2009 at 11:37 AM by insane

I have to get rid of all of the Mushrooms, an orange Florida Ricordia, A couple different Yuma Ricordias, a little green Toadstool and a couple zoanthid colonies that came with the rock I got. I had all of the LR in one 100g stock tank and the corals in another 100g stock tank but now that almost all of the rock is in the DT I want to get those stock tanks out of the room and store them in the basement until I switch from the 55g sump behind the DT to using the rubbermades in the basement.

I am hoping to find someone near me that would trade me dry goods for all of these corals since I am not ready to start doing corals in the DT yet. I really don't want these things in my DT but if I do have to hold them in the DT they will be on the sand bed and not near my LR. I am thinking about keeping them in a low open top container But I will have to let them settle in on the sand bed to fully open up so I can get some pics of them to post for trade. I should have made my sister keep them. I am really hoping all of the GSPs died off. I saw a few remains when moving the rock yesterday and tried peeling some of it off but didn't get all of it.

There are a couple of frags of Montipora Confusa and Orange Digitata that are staying along with a frag of some kind of Acro that has purple tips. I don't quite know how that Acro survived the move and less than ideal holding conditions. There is also a 5"x5"x6" maze brain that is showing some tissue recession but hopefully that will stop.

After throwing the frags in the DT, water is the same everything that the stock tanks are, the montis are all polyping out, brain is expanded as much as a closed brain can, the acro is beggining to come out. Hopefully everything will make it but I am not getting my hopes up. I had initially planned for all new corals selected by me. These were just ones that wouldn't have done well in the 72g reef my sis kept.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16440 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments