Posted 10/23/2012 at 09:28 PM by ACBlinky

Got some goodies in the mail yesterday!
- aquascaping epoxy
- kalkwasser
- kalk dosing system
- Instant Ocean salt
- Hana phosphate checker
- drip line for acclimating livestock

I used the salt to bring the SG up to 1.025. I also moved the Remora - it's a HOB skimmer, so I initially figured why not hang it on the tank, but the noise was driving me crazy and I like to see as little equipment as possible. I moved it to the sump and it's working fine, and with the doors closed, the sound isn't at all bothersome (almost not noticeable).

I'll be going to the LFS tomorrow (which for me is an hour away; nobody in this city has a store with SW supplies or livestock). My plan is to buy as much live rock as I feel will fit into the tank well; it's not about weight, it's about (hopefully) being able to pick out some really well-shaped pieces, hopefully some branching bits, to make the tank look great and seed the dry rock. If we get crabs, polyps, sponges, worms, tiny snails and starfish, or other funky hitchhikers that's great, but the only 'must-haves' when it comes to the rock are bacteria and, eventually, pods.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7387 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments