Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > System configuration and fish for my two tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hardware components of my two primary tanks and some of the fish I keep
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Unread

Never Argue with a Fool

Posted 01/22/2012 at 09:58 AM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)

t is best not to argue,
But if you do at all,
Never do so with a fool.
A fool can defeat all.

He does not care for the facts.
He does not know debate.
He’s a stranger to reason.
Logic he can negate.

In the end the fool will win,
His logic is so strong!
Decides what he does not like
And then it must be wrong!

It’s better to keep quiet
When challenged by a fool.
Else, to prove...
Team RC member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14802 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Add a Hippo Tang???

Posted 11/14/2011 at 06:48 AM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)

Tangs grow to be a spectacular reef fish; they are hardy, eat well in captivity, don’t bother sessile invertebrates, and rarely quarrels with other reef fish (except, of course, other tangs). Sounds like the perfect addition to your reef aquarium, right? The problem is that Hepatus tangs, which this poster wants to add to a small tank, grow to reach a length of one foot! They are also the fish most susceptible to cryptocaryon irritans.

Some aquarists such as ones on this thread say...
Team RC member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 16815 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Naso Tangs

Posted 08/25/2011 at 05:52 AM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)

The Naso tangs grow to be a spectacular reef fish; they are hardy, eat well in captivity, doesn’t bother sessile invertebrates, and rarely quarrels with other reef fish. Sounds like the perfect addition to your reef aquarium, right? The problem is that it grows to an adult length of almost two feet!

Some aquarists such as ones on this thread say they plan to keep a particular fish until it outgrows their home aquarium and then donate it to a public aquarium, another aquarist or their...
Team RC member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 15757 Comments 0 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Some of the fish I keep or have kept in my two tanks include:

Posted 10/07/2009 at 04:08 PM by snorvich (System configuration and fish for my two tanks)
Updated 05/19/2011 at 02:30 PM by snorvich

I see various posts on reef central about keeping fairy and flasher wrasses in the tank. Let me be very clear: they WILL jump and eggcrate will not keep them in the tank. The best way to socially acclimate new fairy and flasher wrasses is with a breeder cup to isolate them from existing inhabitants for a while until any potential curiosity/aggression has had a chance to dissipate.

I am a big fan of anthias! I have resplendant, carberyi in my two tanks.
Team RC member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 61137 Comments 2 Go to first new comment snorvich is offline Edit Tags