Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > LVMAS
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Howie's Reef Aquarium Update

Posted 03/07/2016 at 04:34 PM by LVMAS

Here is my second official post. I have been getting emails as to why I bother to post about a fish tank setup when it doesn’t even have any water in it! This is a little bit of background about why I am setting up the tank this way.

I ran the LVMAS club and website from 1997-2005 and then I just walked away from it. One of the things I learned besides the quick “come and go” of the LFS industry here in Las Vegas and Reef hobbyist people always looking for free stuff as members of the club and still other “reefers” that convinced others that they knew everything and they really didn’t.

So what you are seeing on this page is someone trying to everything correctly and methodically with a reasonable budget and the intention of keeping this system up for many years from the very beginning. No short cuts, No old tank syndrome or high mortality rates for this system. For anyone that wants to do things correctly such as plan for retirement or the infrastructure for a new city one has to make a plan, budget, test, implement plan build it from the bottom up and do it correctly the first time. This is what some that is following this page would see. On budget I got the stand, the aquarium all of the correct and reasonably priced filtration equipment, salt, RODI unit all rated higher than the expected water volume. From plans to sump water was about 6 months and nothing on a credit card.

Spend the money and do everything correctly from the beginning. Everyone knows they will want a bigger reef later. Just my 2 cents
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 31084 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments