Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

One Cubic Foot Of Life...

Posted 01/26/2010 at 09:56 AM by maysorum

"When you thrust a shovel into the soil or tear off a piece of coral, you are, godlike, cutting through an entire world," writes biologist E.O. Wilson.

Check out this cool [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/26/one-cubic-foot-of-life-ph_n_435844.html"]slide show[/URL]!
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10366 Comments 0 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Wow, I'm nervous!

Posted 01/15/2010 at 10:34 AM by maysorum

The last piece of equipment for the calcium reactor arrived yesterday. I'm simultaneously excited and nervous! I'll begin the process over the course of the coming week. I ended up purchasing:

- Geo 612 w/ Eheim 1048
- Aquariumplants.com Regulator
- Neptune Apex Controller
- Large grain Korallith and Arm media

I need to rearrange and create some kind of panel to house the Apex, Vortechs, and miscellaneous items that are currently unorganized....
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22339 Comments 2 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Fish food adventures...

Posted 01/12/2010 at 09:33 PM by maysorum

Yesterday, I had a culinary adventure and made some fish food. I took a trip to the local Asian market and got some squid, shrimp, sea urchin, and scallops. I looked for fish and lobster roe but it's not in season.

I removed the head, innards, and clear quill from the squid. The ink sac was already removed, thank goodness! Then chopped the squid up in the food processor and dumped it into a large mixing bowl. Next I cleaned the shrimp which was much grosser than the squid—I was [U]not[/U]...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22135 Comments 3 Go to first new comment maysorum is offline Edit Tags
Unread

ProfiLux aquatic controller $499 or less!!

Posted 01/12/2010 at 12:18 PM by AQD_ottawa (Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute)

Yes its back the ProfiLux plus II Economy pack!!

If you want reliability functionality expandability and the best of support look no further than GHL profiLux

Bringing you all the great features the ProfiLux plus II offers, including upgradeable to the ProfiLux 3 for less than $500!!

Details here

[url]http://www.progressivereef.com/proddetail.php?prod=GHL2ECO[/url]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13200 Comments 0 Go to first new comment AQD_ottawa is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Aquatic controller kits selling fast

Posted 01/10/2010 at 10:45 AM by AQD_ottawa (Aqua Digital Blog for all things we distribute)

[url]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16356742#post16356742[/url]
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12231 Comments 0 Go to first new comment AQD_ottawa is offline Edit Tags