Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Unread

Up and running.

Posted 06/21/2010 at 02:01 PM by sacremon

I put about a liter of a zeolite in the sump to soak up the nitrite and nitrate, and within six days nitrite was gone and nitrate was down to about 12 ppm. Good enough to add the lionfish back in. He pretty much lapped the tank for a couple days before calming down. He hadn't eaten for roughly three weeks - he wouldn't even snap at offered food. After a couple days of acclimation, he starting eating normally.

A batch of the old rock which I had air dried/bleached then recured...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10887 Comments 0 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags
Unread

End of story

Posted 06/17/2010 at 05:17 AM by insane

Dumped the tank and no longer having to do anything reef for anyone other than just advising people that need help with them. Now just a Livin' Large Lounge Lizzard. A loverly mix of nuts.

If you haven't been to the RC Lounge forum, you should check it out. Leave the drama and fish talk at the door, have thick skin and a sense of humor or you won't last long.

Best wishes for you and all of your family.
Have a great day! :D
Moved On
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 25652 Comments 1 Go to first new comment insane is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Fiji and New Zealand trip =D

Posted 06/16/2010 at 11:29 PM by Mmckibben

I get to go to Fiji, and New Zealand for two weeks! The coolest part is the 6 drift dives I'm doing n fiji. I'll be sure to post pics after I gat back. don't expect great things from the dive photos, I have a cheap $150 dive camera that sucks. The above water stuff should be great though. Sea you all in two weeks.
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10904 Comments 0 Go to first new comment Mmckibben is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Generosity

Posted 06/13/2010 at 02:48 PM by superkat (Thoughts While Watching Paint Dry)

It has really been SO delightful to me recently on how I am watching people helping people, not only here...but everywhere lately. Personally...i can't tell you how much I have appreciated the frags to help me get my 90g back into shape...but more that that...it gives me hope and encourages me to continue to be the person I'm becoming.

Everyone changes...they go through phases in their life that are affected by circumstances and environment. I continue to try and find good in...
Premium Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11160 Comments 2 Go to first new comment superkat is offline Edit Tags
Unread

Well, that was one way to cycle a tank...

Posted 06/04/2010 at 10:14 AM by sacremon

We have no idea how high the nitrite got in the tank. Actually we still don't, as the test kit only goes up to 2 ppm. Even diluting with fresh SW it pegged the test kit. Nitrate was over the 25ppm limit of that kit as well. So we did a change of about 90 gallons yesterday. The nitrite is still pegged, though it didn't darken to that quite as quickly as before. The nitrate wasn't pegged, but somewhere between 10ppm and 25ppm. Better than it was, but I hate the lack of precision of most colorimetric...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13817 Comments 1 Go to first new comment sacremon is offline Edit Tags