Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > TprMoore
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

TprMoore's Fluval EDGE G. Smithii Build

Posted 06/26/2016 at 09:07 PM by TprMoore
Updated 06/26/2016 at 09:14 PM by TprMoore

[I][CENTER][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]TprMoore's Fluval EDGE G. Smithii Build[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER][/I]
[SIZE="4"][U][B]The Plan[/B][/U][/SIZE]
[COLOR="Navy"][LIST][*]I've got a track record of over doing it, so for this build, I'm sticking to the basics, and nothing too fancy. On my last tank, a Innovative Marine Fusion 10, I had an Apex, everything was computerized, and frankly, I feel like it made me take care of the tank less and eventually I just let it go. I'm hoping by just sticking to the basics, I can enjoy my tank more, have better husbandry practices, and save some cash! I've always had an appreciation for the mantis shrimp, I think they're an amazing creature, and I'd love to have one just to admire their quirks. I feel the 6 gallon tank will be perfect. I really like nano tanks and their small footprint. I'm hoping to achieve great success with keeping a mantis only tank in hopes it will be a reliable and hardy set up.[/LIST][/COLOR]
[SIZE="4"][U][B]Equipment[/B][/U][/SIZE]
[COLOR="navy"][LIST][*]Fluval EDGE 6 gal[*]Cobalt Aquatics EasyTherm 25w[*]InTank Aquaclear AC20 Media Basket[*]Boyd Chemi-Pure Blue[*]Tunze Care Magnet Pico[*]6lbs Dry Sand[*]5lbs Bulk Reef Supply Fiji Dry Rock[*]1lb Bulk Reef Supply Rubble Dry Rock[/LIST][/COLOR]
[SIZE="4"][U][B]Livestock[/B][/U][/SIZE]
[COLOR="navy"][LIST][*]Male G. Smithii Mantis Shrimp[*]Reef Cleaners 5gal CUC Package (aka food)[/LIST][/COLOR]
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18401 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments