Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > maysorum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

Wow, I'm nervous!

Posted 01/15/2010 at 10:34 AM by maysorum

The last piece of equipment for the calcium reactor arrived yesterday. I'm simultaneously excited and nervous! I'll begin the process over the course of the coming week. I ended up purchasing:

- Geo 612 w/ Eheim 1048
- Aquariumplants.com Regulator
- Neptune Apex Controller
- Large grain Korallith and Arm media

I need to rearrange and create some kind of panel to house the Apex, Vortechs, and miscellaneous items that are currently unorganized.

Also, another big item on my to-do list is to program the Apex. I'm hoping it's easy (keep your fingers crossed)! I've been lurking in The Neptune forum a lot, so hopefully, I have all the pertinent information. Next step, will be connecting the Apex to my all Mac network. I'm still undecided if I need another Airport Express to connect directly to the Apex as it can't update wirelessly.

Once these things have been accomplished, I'll work on getting the calcium reactor up and running. Any tips on setting the reactor up would be much appreciated! Also, I must say the Geo reactor is super pretty, I never thought I'd say a reactor was pretty!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22339 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. New Comment
    Hey - not sure how I ended up in the blog section. I too recently installed my Calc reactor. It was scary but after it was running, I don't know what the fear was. Good luck - it made a huge difference in my tanks stability.
  2. New Comment
    Wow, thanks for the words of encouragement!