Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs > ACBlinky
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rate this Entry

New fish in QT

Posted 12/26/2012 at 11:36 PM by ACBlinky

I haven't updated in a while...
We took the two clowns, yellow goby and hawkfish out of the QT (there seemed no reason to keep them there, they were never ill) and added them to the reef.

Then today we braved the insane boxing day crowds and went to the closest 'LFS' an hour away for their annual sale. We bought three buckets of Reef Crystals -- I've been using IO until now, but with all the hard corals in the tank I figured for $10 more a bucket it's worth it for the extra Ca, alk and Mg we'll get with RC.

We also bought expoxy frozen and flake foods, including a 'reef mix' of frozen that made our sun coral FINALLY stick out its tentacles and eat; after weeks of me smothering the thing in frozen food every evening and the coral just being half-interested, it really went bananas and consumed a ton of food tonight.

And, of course, we bought more fish
We brought our son to the store, and he went insanely bananas for the 'bubble fish' (yellow tangs). We got a very healthy looking specimen and I don't regret it -- they're plain, but beautiful, and I think a 150g is large enough to accommodate a bristletooth and a yellow. We also got a lovely little kole to replace the one that died in the QT, along with a green/pink striped clown goby, a flame angel, and two tiny damsels. I said I wouldn't do it, but princess and devil damsels are some of the less tempermental ones, and if they cause issues they can always be tossed back into the QT to keep it cycled. Our son is four, he loved them, I'm willing to try them out for him.

I'll try to get some pictures of the fish in QT tomorrow -- so far they're all eating, look super healthy, and I have high hopes
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10302 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments