Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

My Reidi Seahorse System

Posted 12/25/2011 at 08:07 PM by euromomtx

Last Christmas I gave you my heart... actually I am lying now. Somebody gave me seahorses last Christmas and I gave them 150 bucks.
I did fall in love with seahorses at that time though!
The seahorses arrived with a 29 gallon hexagon tank that quickly sprung a leak!
This was of course a great reason to upgrade to a better/bigger tank.
Texas Tropical in San Antonio ordered a custom made Marineland 60 gallon cube for me. I wanted a corner overflow rather than the standard...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 22195 Comments 8 euromomtx is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

The 215g Caribbean Inspired Shadowbox Reef -Year 1

Posted 12/25/2011 at 07:39 PM by euromomtx

My 125 gallon tank with an odd assortment of corals gave me a lot of grief and not much joy. My main nemesis was caulerpa racemosa in the main tank. You could never get the roots completely out of the rocks and eventually I gave up. I decided to start over and start over big!
I ordered a 215 gallon aquarium through Gabe's In San Antonio and DSA made my dream tank for me.
While I waited (and it did seem to take forever) I made plans about what to do with it.
Because honestly...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12255 Comments 1 euromomtx is offline Edit Tags
Old

Introduction to my 215 gallon Shadowbox Caribbean Reef and my Seahorse System

Posted 12/25/2011 at 06:59 PM by euromomtx

What a great idea to put all of the trials and tribulations in blog form! My threads on my Shadowbox built and my Caribbean Reef have gotten so long even I would be too bored to read through it. The blog gives me the opportunity to condense it all.

The shadowbox Caribbean Inspired Reef
[IMG]http://www.dominopads.com/anthiasreef.jpg[/IMG]

I am excited about my new captive propagation seahorse system and it will be great to document the system, my failures (they...
Registered Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10355 Comments 3 euromomtx is offline Edit Tags