Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=527)
-   -   GHL Doser 2.1 - Check Fill Level Warning (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2680007)

afm32607 07/10/2018 01:04 PM

GHL Doser 2.1 - Check Fill Level Warning

I am having an issue with my GHL doser 2.1.

I use it as a stand alone unit to dose Carbon, Calcium, and Alkalinity supplements.

The doser is giving me a warning to "check filling level" on all three active pumps. However, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to fix the warning, so the light is just blinking yellow, despite the unit dosing the aquarium. I have set the container levels and checked the calibration.

Essentially, the pumps are running, but they don't seem to recognize how much they are pumping, beyond the first 30-40 mls. I cannot reset this feature.

Any help here? I looked on the GHL forum but the site is difficult to read and navigate so I may have missed my answer.

Any suggestions are appreciated in advance.

Also, I have posted this in the Equipment forum and they recommended I come over here.

Vinny@GHLUSA 07/13/2018 04:49 PM

Yellow flashing is only an indicator which is telling you that one or more container fluid levels are starting to run low. Your set dose schedule will continue despite the flashing logo LED.

If you want to stop the yellow from showing, you can change the logo LED setting to a solid color.

afm32607 07/16/2018 08:12 AM

No I understand the purpose of the yellow. But it is always flashing, even though all containers are full, and the doser does not take into account the daily dosing schedule anyway. So it is as if nothing is being dosed, though if you sit there at the right time it will run for the time I set.

reefwiser 07/16/2018 10:57 AM

Have you gone into the pump settings and Refilled your container. Once this is done the level should show green. You will need to do this on all your pumps and then you will get a blue and white pulsing of the led's
The pump once calibrated with your ML's and speed will subtract the amount dosed during the day lowering the level of the container and you can set when you want to start getting a warning at the level you set on each pump.
Example:
Refill at 150ml
warning light at 100 ml

afm32607 07/19/2018 02:03 PM

I have set the levels and pushed the part that says filled. It does nothing to the alarm.

Vinny@GHLUSA 07/19/2018 05:38 PM

Did you fill all dosing container levels? Even the ones not being used?

afm32607 07/20/2018 09:34 AM

I did not, but the warning is specific to the three that I have filled, according to the app.