Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   EcoTech Marine (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=501)
-   -   ReefLink, Vortechs and standing wave calibration (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2660049)

ojonas81 12/01/2017 03:15 PM

ReefLink, Vortechs and standing wave calibration

Hi,

I got my ReefLink setup and successfully connected but by Radions and MP40s to it. Have made schedules for both and so far I am very happy. I did notice thought that when I run the Nutrient Transport mode it goes through all different timing settings for the short wave pulse. I had them auto-tuned before I connected them to ReefLink but since I had to do a factory reset in order to make them to communicate with the ReefLink that auto-tune data seems to be lost. How do I resolve this issue? I want Nutrient Transport mode to use a specific timing that works for my tank when it comes to generating a standing wave so I can fully utilize the main feature of this mode but at the same time have them connected to ReefLink? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

intenseimage 12/02/2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ojonas81 (Post 25290515)
Hi,

I got my ReefLink setup and successfully connected but by Radions and MP40s to it. Have made schedules for both and so far I am very happy. I did notice thought that when I run the Nutrient Transport mode it goes through all different timing settings for the short wave pulse. I had them auto-tuned before I connected them to ReefLink but since I had to do a factory reset in order to make them to communicate with the ReefLink that auto-tune data seems to be lost. How do I resolve this issue? I want Nutrient Transport mode to use a specific timing that works for my tank when it comes to generating a standing wave so I can fully utilize the main feature of this mode but at the same time have them connected to ReefLink? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Go back to pulse mode and re-save a wave

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ojonas81 12/03/2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intenseimage (Post 25291565)
Go back to pulse mode and re-save a wave

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I need to do another factory reset first? Now they are controlled by ReefLink and I can't change anything on the controllers themselves. Are there any instructions or documentation for this somewhere? Neither ReefLink or Vortech manuals talked about this.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ojonas81 12/07/2017 08:19 AM

No one knows? Documentation from EcoTech is very limited in this regards.

Thanks!

intenseimage 12/08/2017 07:55 AM

Even though I am connected to ReefLink, I still have the ability to use the controller to change settings should I want to. You could probably use ESL to switch to the wave mode and set it that way too.

ojonas81 12/15/2017 04:16 PM

Yes, but that only goes for one pump. The slave will either be in full force on or turned off. I would like to auto-tune a wave that works with both pumps at the same time so it can be saved for Nutrient Transport mode. Only way I have found to do that today is to have the pumps talk to each other as master/slave and do the auto-tune that way. Only problem that I then need to reset them before I can reattach them to ReefLink and ESL. That would also delete the wave information stored.