Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Depot (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   NEW! Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2500263)

MarineDepot 04/30/2015 06:35 PM

NEW! Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED

http://current-usa.com/wp-content/up...o-Banner-1.jpg

Current USA Orbit Marine Pro LED Aquarium Lights

The brightness of the Orbit Marine PRO may be the first thing you notice, but what you experience is so much more! With innovative features that deliver incredible color rendition and stunning shimmer, this is the coolest light Current-USA has ever made.

More Light, More Color, More Vivid.

To get the greatest colors and growth out of your corals, Current-USA incorporated a wider spectrum of high powered SMD LED chips. Specifically designed for live coral reef tanks, the Orbit Marine PRO provides the PAR, light spectrum and necessary wavelengths for strong growth and brilliant color in SPS and LPS corals. Combined with our new dome optics it spreads light more evenly throughout your entire aquarium, ensuring your substrate doesn’t look like a disco floor!

LED Colors
  • Warm White - 6,500K
  • Cool White - 8,000K
  • Magenta - Indigo
  • Royal Blue - 445mn
  • Ultraviolet - 415nm
  • Deep Blue - 453nm
Ramp Timer Pro LED Controller
  • Programmable 24 hour on and off time
  • Adjustable daylight and moonlight color and intensity
  • Automatically simulates sunrise, sunset and moonlight
  • Four dynamic effects and presets including cloud cover, fading lunar and storm with lightning
  • Four memory locations for custom time schedules and coral acclimation
  • Wireless IR remote and new controller mounting system
What’s Included
Each Orbit Marine PRO system includes an LED light fixture, adjustable docking legs (pre-installed) 24VDC UL approved transformer, Ramp Timer Pro LED controller with IR remote, controller mounting bracket and complete instructions. Optional hanging kit sold separately.

http://current-usa.com/wp-content/up...2-1024x516.jpg

http://current-usa.com/wp-content/up...3-1024x453.jpg

http://current-usa.com/wp-content/up...5/02/Combo.jpg

phases99 06/09/2015 10:24 PM

would the 24-36 pro model work for a 30x30x24 cube with LPS corals. How high off the water should it be? and would I need to acclimate my corals which are currently in a 46g bow using T5's (36x4) fixture.

MarineDepot 06/10/2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phases99 (Post 23800003)
would the 24-36 pro model work for a 30x30x24 cube with LPS corals. How high off the water should it be? and would I need to acclimate my corals which are currently in a 46g bow using T5's (36x4) fixture.

Hi phases99,

A single strip will not be able to cover your aquarium. The Pro unit uses 60-degreen lens so it gets better par at depths, but the coverage is significantly more narrow. One option would be to use two strips set 6"-10" apart and hang the fixtures about 12" from the water.

However, at this price point, you may be better off with a Hydra 52 or Radion XR30WPro.

Drao05 06/19/2015 04:18 PM

Hello, would one of these be enough for the IM 30L NUVO Fusion?

What about for SPS Corals?

MarineDepot 06/19/2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drao05 (Post 23820287)
Hello, would one of these be enough for the IM 30L NUVO Fusion?

What about for SPS Corals?

Hi Drao05, The 36"-48" Orbit Marine should work nicely for the Fusion 30L Mixed-Reef. Lower light SPS corals, such as Seriotopora, Montipora, Stylophora and Pocillopora should be fine near the top of the aquarium.

A second LED strip or the new Orbit Marine Pro will be needed to keep higher light SPS corals, such as most acroporas.

Drao05 06/20/2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineDepot (Post 23820426)
Hi Drao05, The 36"-48" Orbit Marine should work nicely for the Fusion 30L Mixed-Reef. Lower light SPS corals, such as Seriotopora, Montipora, Stylophora and Pocillopora should be fine near the top of the aquarium.

A second LED strip or the new Orbit Marine Pro will be needed to keep higher light SPS corals, such as most acroporas.

Thanks for the reply! So will one Orbit Marine Pro be enough for the tank? Or do I need two?

MarineDepot 06/22/2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drao05 (Post 23821042)
Thanks for the reply! So will one Orbit Marine Pro be enough for the tank? Or do I need two?

Hi Drao,

A single Orbit Marine Pro (36" - 48") would work fine for the Fusion 30L.

cvx16 07/14/2015 11:29 PM

I'm looking for a recommendation here too. I'm setting up my first mixed-reef tank. I picked up a 60g, 24" x 24" x 24" rimless tank with a home made canopy with T5's and a generic LED light box. I'd like to go with an open top and low profile, controllable LEDs.

What would be your recommendation? These Orbits? Would I need 2, 24" strips probably? Or what about a Hydra 26 or 52? Or something different all together?

All very new to me, so much appreciate the input!

MarineDepot 07/15/2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvx16 (Post 23873028)
I'm looking for a recommendation here too. I'm setting up my first mixed-reef tank. I picked up a 60g, 24" x 24" x 24" rimless tank with a home made canopy with T5's and a generic LED light box. I'd like to go with an open top and low profile, controllable LEDs.

What would be your recommendation? These Orbits? Would I need 2, 24" strips probably? Or what about a Hydra 26 or 52? Or something different all together?

All very new to me, so much appreciate the input!

Hi cvx16,

Congrats on your new tank! For a 24" tank, you will indeed need two Orbits if you go that route. 2 strips would be fine for a mixed reef, but lighting intensity will still be limited on the bottom half of the tank. It would be fine as long as you place the corals according to their light requirements.

Typically, we would recommend the Hydra 26 or even the Ecotech Marine XR15W Pro. These fixtures are higher-output and either will provide plenty of light for a 24" cube.

The Hydra 26 is cheaper but it does require a controller (wireless controller or the Director). The XR15W Pro can be programmed with a USB cable from a computer or Laptop, so the cost of the two is very close when you factor in the cost of the controller. We do like Radion RMS tank mount as it is quite beefy and easy to install.

Have a look at the information on our website and definitely feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

dc51786 07/16/2015 06:55 PM

Best setting for coral growth?

Hello, I've had the 48" model in my 75 gallon reef tank (mostly soft corals and zoas) for a little over a month now, and its great. I especially love the timers - set it and forget it.

I do have a question - there are 4 presets, M1 through M4 - and I know there might not be a universal answer, but is there a particular setting that is meant for best coral growth? If not, is there a setting or two you would recommend to try for best coral growth?

Thank you for any advice you might have!

MarineDepot 07/17/2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc51786 (Post 23877068)
Hello, I've had the 48" model in my 75 gallon reef tank (mostly soft corals and zoas) for a little over a month now, and its great. I especially love the timers - set it and forget it.

I do have a question - there are 4 presets, M1 through M4 - and I know there might not be a universal answer, but is there a particular setting that is meant for best coral growth? If not, is there a setting or two you would recommend to try for best coral growth?

Thank you for any advice you might have!

Hi dc51786, A 75 gallon tank is pretty big for a single Orbit Marine to handle. We would recommend either the M1 or the M3 as they reach the full 100% intensity.

Marchillo 07/22/2015 02:29 PM

How would the dual strip work on a 48x24x16. 80g frag tank I'm using as a display tank. Would it grow anything at a height of only 16"? I'm not sure I'd hang it though. Most likely would use the mounting legs.

Thanks! Steve

MarineDepot 07/22/2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchillo (Post 23888557)
How would the dual strip work on a 48x24x16. 80g frag tank I'm using as a display tank. Would it grow anything at a height of only 16"? I'm not sure I'd hang it though. Most likely would use the mounting legs.

Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve,

If you are referring to the Dual Orbit Marine Pro, it should work nicely for an aquarium with those dimensions.

We would recommend hanging the fixture if at all possible. It will give you much better coverage and better blending.

nerose 08/07/2015 10:40 AM

I have a 90 gallon that I am setting up. measurements are 48x18x25. I plan on having fish and sps corals. Which light or lights would you recommend. I would like to get something that I can hang. Would I need two Orbits or would one do the trick?

MarineDepot 08/07/2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerose (Post 23920886)
I have a 90 gallon that I am setting up. measurements are 48x18x25. I plan on having fish and sps corals. Which light or lights would you recommend. I would like to get something that I can hang. Would I need two Orbits or would one do the trick?

The Orbit Pro does have fairly narrow lens at 60 degrees, so you get great penetration but coverage is somewhat compromised. You will need either two Orbit Marine Pro LED Strips, or the Dual Orbit Marine Pro. The Dual includes a beefier controller and a hanging kit.

elvis164 08/09/2015 01:14 PM

i have 1 60 gal tank with measurements of 48"x13"x20" and am currently running the orbit marine led 48" I will be adding corals this week. is this light sufficient? My lfs looked at the light specs and said it should be fine. Thanks

MarineDepot 08/10/2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis164 (Post 23924674)
i have 1 60 gal tank with measurements of 48"x13"x20" and am currently running the orbit marine led 48" I will be adding corals this week. is this light sufficient? My lfs looked at the light specs and said it should be fine. Thanks

Hi Elvis164,

We would recommend at least 2 strips for a 60 gallon aquarium. Mushrooms and certain soft corals may survive with just one strip, but more light is needed for them to thrive.

elvis164 08/10/2015 11:38 AM

would one strip of the marine pro be better? i currently have the less expensive version.

elvis164 08/10/2015 08:30 PM

Just to clarify, a second regular orbit marine led would be sufficient? Or two marine pros?

MarineDepot 08/11/2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis164 (Post 23927439)
Just to clarify, a second regular orbit marine led would be sufficient? Or two marine pros?

Hi elvis164,

You can go with 2 regular Orbit Marine's for low to medium light corals (softies and LPS). Adding one Orbit Marine Pro with your regular Orbit should allow you to keep SPS corals on the upper half of the aquarium. Two Orbit Marine Pro's will pretty much allow you to keep anything anywhere.

oldpaddy 08/14/2015 05:12 PM

Hello Marine Depot! Boy am I glad I came across this thread. I'm getting a 220gal (72"×24"×30") tank soon. I'm light shopping and since I don't want a canopy and I don't want to drill holes into my bare wood ceiling, I'm having a hard time finding the right lights. A friend of mine recommended the orbits pro. Would a 72" dual pro be enough for a SPS tank? I asked current and they said it would. I'm a little skeptical.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

MarineDepot 08/17/2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpaddy (Post 23935370)
Hello Marine Depot! Boy am I glad I came across this thread. I'm getting a 220gal (72"×24"×30") tank soon. I'm light shopping and since I don't want a canopy and I don't want to drill holes into my bare wood ceiling, I'm having a hard time finding the right lights. A friend of mine recommended the orbits pro. Would a 72" dual pro be enough for a SPS tank? I asked current and they said it would. I'm a little skeptical.
What do you guys think?
Thanks!

Hi oldpaddy,

Congratulations on the new aquarium! In our opinion, 200W of LED lighting is not sufficient for a 220 gallon SPS aquarium. We would recommend either two Dual Orbit Marine Pro's, or a different high-output LED system. Feel free to give us a call at 800-566-3474 and we will be happy to give you some suggestions after we find out more about your system.

ceslane13 08/21/2015 10:51 AM

I have a 48"L 150 gallon aquarium reef tank that i will be putting a mix of corals in what current fixture should I use

MarineDepot 08/21/2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceslane13 (Post 23949598)
I have a 48"L 150 gallon aquarium reef tank that i will be putting a mix of corals in what current fixture should I use

Hi Ceslane13,

The Dual Orbit Marine Pro 48" will be the best option.

Since the aquarium is only 48" wide, I would assume that is it fairly tall. You will want to place the higher-light corals toward the top and closer to the light.

ceslane13 08/21/2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineDepot (Post 23949629)
Hi Ceslane13,

The Dual Orbit Marine Pro 48" will be the best option.

Since the aquarium is only 48" wide, I would assume that is it fairly tall. You will want to place the higher-light corals toward the top and closer to the light.

ok...thank you for the help