Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nano Reefs (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What happen to nano tanks? (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2701668)

aznflyfisherman 11/25/2019 07:46 PM

What happen to nano tanks?

No one post here anymore or likes nano tanks?

tabungrahim 11/26/2019 12:57 AM

Almost all of the reefer upgrade to bigger tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LedZep fan2 11/26/2019 07:11 AM

Nanos are still very much alive. Sadly, a lot of people have migrated to new/tank-specific forums.

boostd2valve 11/30/2019 07:27 PM

im Noticing lately everyone is joining Facebook groups pertaining to whatever tank or equipment they are using. When i started my first nano it was hopping on the forums but I think it’s slowly fading away.

sleepingdeep 12/06/2019 05:25 PM

its true. not to mention most of the reefers with nano tanks are over at nano-reef.com

thats where i typically go since i only have a 25 gallon tank.

fishdip22 12/09/2019 12:52 AM

I think the issue is most “nano-reefers” had seen a awesome nano tank and jumped right in with out ever having a saltwater tank. I feel like it was just a fad for most as if I remember at one point it was all about smaller and smaller tanks that really had no chance to make it. Now that the Fad is dying out you really only see the ones who are to stubborn or the ones who had good success with them.

MurphyLong 12/18/2019 09:29 AM

I stepped away from a large tank over a year ago, probably closer to 2 years... I'm coming back in to it with a nano tank, but "other sites" are blocked by my work network, so I'll still be around here. Right now I'm eyeballing a 32g Bioocube that I plan to make several modifications to before ever putting water in it.

jrill 12/18/2019 08:07 PM

I think it's because the issues are the same and there's no sense in separate areas for discussion anymore.

Kentech5 12/18/2019 09:38 PM

Im coming back into it with a Pico. Doing a 5 gallon tank. One of my favorite old tanks was a 1.5 or 2.5 little tank. They can be awesome but yeah guessing most people are on more targeted forums.

llebcire 12/24/2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurphyLong (Post 25637919)
I stepped away from a large tank over a year ago, probably closer to 2 years... I'm coming back in to it with a nano tank, but "other sites" are blocked by my work network, so I'll still be around here. Right now I'm eyeballing a 32g Bioocube that I plan to make several modifications to before ever putting water in it.

Same here.

Started in 2003 (?) and have had many tanks over the years - breaking down a 120RR in early 2018 so we could move. Fast forward to this week where I saw a deal I couldn't refuse on a 29g Biocube (questionable if it's a "nano") and decided to jump back in. I don't know what the trends have been for the last 2 - 3 years as I didn't spend much time online in forums.

Nanos are typically less expensive and self-contained so popular for someone just starting out. I looking forward to the simplicity of a self-contained tank with softies which are arguably less work than SPS.

We'll see. I've had nanos before and always migrate back to a larger tank, however I've never had a 29 so it might be okay - wife and daughter want clowns so it's a perfect size.

-Eric

MurphyLong 12/30/2019 08:12 AM

I'm backing away from the biocube now, and looking at a 20G Nuvo cube, or a 40G half moom AiO style. I just have to choose which one. If I go with the 20G, I'll have to make a sump for it.

Bonanza 01/12/2020 10:14 PM

Yeah, I agree that people are in other forums for them... but those forums don't have anywhere remotely close to the information RC has (I'm new here, but came from those other forums.)

Nano's are still as popular as ever, I think the industry itself has taken a bit of a slowdown.