Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anemones & Clownfish (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bubble Tip Only (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2633928)

Sirhc 04/20/2017 03:05 PM

Bubble Tip Only

I would like to start a separate system to house some bubble tip anemones of different colors and MAX 2 clownfish and nothing else except for maybe some snails and crabs. I have experience with anemones and treating them, I currently own a blue gig that I had to treat and has been healthy for close to a year now.

Anyway, I was wondering what is the smallest tank that I could go with to house the BTA's and two clowns? I have a spare IM 10g that I could use but wasn't sure if that was too small or not.

Thanks in advanced.
-Chris

Slot 04/20/2017 03:09 PM

Depends on what kind of clowns you get but its probably recommended to use a 20 gal +. Not to say you can't succesfully do it in a 10. As long as you get smaller species clowns and good filtration/water change schedule im sure you could pull it off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sirhc 04/20/2017 03:14 PM

Planned on getting either Ocellaris or Percula.

Cliving1 04/20/2017 03:16 PM

How many anemones are you planning on keeping?

Sirhc 04/20/2017 03:37 PM

So far I plan on getting just one. IF I can find the one I'm looking for in a few weeks at RAP. If I'm able to find it then I may get only 1-2 after that but it will be alone for a while

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

vhuang168 04/20/2017 03:42 PM

Bubble tips are not the natural host for ocellaris or percula so there is no guarantee they will accept it as a host. My percula would not even look at my bubbletips but accepted a Magnifica readily. A Magnifica is a natural host for percula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirhc 04/20/2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vhuang168 (Post 25054900)
Bubble tips are not the natural host for ocellaris or percula so there is no guarantee they will accept it as a host. My percula would not even look at my bubbletips but accepted a Magnifica readily. A Magnifica is a natural host for percula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand, I just wanted a smaller pair of clowns so there was some kind of fish in the tank

domb54 04/21/2017 04:38 AM

If your going to sell off the clones you would be fine in a 20 I would personally go with 40breeder so I could keep multiples of each color for $40 at petco dollar sale. Plus stability of parameters is much easier.

Sirhc 04/30/2017 11:53 AM

I have the 10g IM fusion set up and running. I currently have a par38 bulb for lighting but feel like it may not be strong enough and am thinking about upgrading. I found a maxapect razor nano and an AI prime both used at similar price point. Which one should I go with?