Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reef Discussion (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   what your fav. place to buy coral online? (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2596286)

Devaji108 08/24/2016 04:14 PM

what your fav. place to buy coral online?

so no LFS within 100+ miles
I really would like to find a place to get corals at a reasonable shipping.

ideally they would have a good to great selection of:
rics, and mushrooms
softies
nems, mini maxi, rock flower
LPS
gorgs
zooa

dont really need SPS.

I have ordered from KP a few time for my gorgs great place.
( to bad they dont have LPS )

just found out about aqua SD they seam to have great selection but you have to spend alot of time on ebay to win to fill your shipping box up.

also just found salt critters. never heard of them. there shipping is a bit lower anyone ordered from them?

so what am I missing? is there any online store that I should know about?

I needed to 25 to get free shipping from LA so I added a one head duncan for 29 seams way over priced..

so what is your fav. place and why..

moondoggy4 08/24/2016 05:09 PM

Watch out for Aqua SD live sales have Will send you a link, the latest one is mostly SPS but Will is a LPS guy at heart, the live prices are great. I used to buy Ric from his garage back in the day.

I do not have my corals sent I can will call but I have had him ship and he used UPS no problem with them Jackson Hole I would call his shop.

Sonyardo 08/24/2016 06:54 PM

I've never ordered livestock online. If I were to place an order I would probably start with liveaquaria.com and go from there. Well I take that back, I did order some snails one time but I was really disappointed when they all showed up very small. That was from a place that specializes in clean up crews. I will think twice about ordering from them next time.

mandarin_goby 08/24/2016 07:03 PM

Really happy with this frag pack from seller reefaddicted on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-9...MAAOSwEeFVPpIh

9 SPS for $99 and free ship...he also has other free ship packs (euphyllias, montis, rock flowers).

Sonyardo 08/24/2016 07:17 PM

That seems like a reasonable deal and he has good feedback. Maybe I will give him a shot. :)

Devaji108 08/24/2016 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondoggy4 (Post 24698371)
Watch out for Aqua SD live sales have Will send you a link, the latest one is mostly SPS but Will is a LPS guy at heart, the live prices are great. I used to buy Ric from his garage back in the day.

nice I'll keep an eye out! and contact him to see what he can send out to JH.

I do not have my corals sent I can will call but I have had him ship and he used UPS no problem with them Jackson Hole I would call his shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonyardo (Post 24698503)
I've never ordered livestock online. If I were to place an order I would probably start with liveaquaria.com and go from there. Well I take that back, I did order some snails one time but I was really disappointed when they all showed up very small. That was from a place that specializes in clean up crews. I will think twice about ordering from them next time.

yeah I get my fish from them, however I was not so impressed with the small over prices duncan I got.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandarin_goby (Post 24698520)
Really happy with this frag pack from seller reefaddicted on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-9...MAAOSwEeFVPpIh

9 SPS for $99 and free ship...he also has other free ship packs (euphyllias, montis, rock flowers).

yeah I saw that 9 for 99 I did not look into what else he has. i'll look into it for sure!

breck 08/25/2016 05:38 AM

Blue Line corals....awesome prices and communication. Check boom out on FB.

scooter31707 08/25/2016 08:01 AM

vividaquariums.com. Great livestock fish and coral, and comes in very healthy.

Devaji108 08/25/2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breck (Post 24699003)
Blue Line corals....awesome prices and communication. Check boom out on FB.

ok great! i'll check em out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter31707 (Post 24699171)
vividaquariums.com. Great livestock fish and coral, and comes in very healthy.

yeah I forgot about vividaaquariums hear about them for years just never bought anything from them.

thanks guys keep em coming there gotta to be others I am missing!

sde1500 08/25/2016 11:56 AM

I would echo Vivid, bought from them a little while ago, everything was packed super well, bought fish and coral. Coral all made it and is doing well, a couple fish didn't and they responded very quickly with a refund. Great product, great customer service.

Devaji108 08/25/2016 10:18 PM

thanks guys.
anywhere else I should know about??

nmotz 08/25/2016 10:22 PM

unique corals is a little more pricey but has some great looking pieces. Good feedback, though I've never used them personally. I like shopping for coral at my LFS. :)

michaelr 08/26/2016 10:54 AM

I used to be in a similar situation with my setup. In addition to LA/DD, I've had good experiences in the past buying corals from pacific east aquaculture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

hart24601 08/26/2016 01:40 PM

I have ordered a lot online. Almost all have been good experiences, even off ebay. My top 3 in order is unique corals, diver's den (not liveaquaira but the WI side), world wide corals. I love unique corals.

Pacific East has been mixed for me. The clams are fantastic, but with two or three coral orders each time there were coral that have just been "eh". For coral they have been the most underwhelming I have bought for - but amazing clams.

EMeyer 08/26/2016 03:27 PM

The only online seller I use for corals is AquariumDepot.com. Everything else named in this thread is very much overpriced in my opinion.
e.g. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...72&pcatid=1972
Thats a 5$ coral for 50-70$... :hmm4:

For fish and other inverts, bluezooaquatics and saltwaterfish.com.

sde1500 08/27/2016 10:34 AM

After reading enough reefs2go reviews I wouldn't touch aquarium depot with a 10ft pole

xREEFINaintEZx 08/30/2016 03:04 PM

Personally I haven't ordered from live aquaria. My 2 buddies like them and I will be trying them in the future

FLSharkvictim 09/04/2016 07:33 AM

Here are the only three that i use and trust!

1.Worldwidecorals.com
2. battlecorals.com
3. uniquecorlas.com

Devaji108 09/04/2016 09:49 AM

wow this thread is still going nice!...
it does suck not having a LFS in the state..( might be one on the other side buts that is a 7 hr drive.) i believe. sure would be nice to know what your getting.

I have been talking to a few vendors listed about and so far i am impressed with the communication. only prob. is often it is hard to tell the size of the frag. I have learned 3 squares of egg create =1" aprox. just a lil online frag shopping gem for ya. if you did not know :)

tank121 09/04/2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sde1500 (Post 24702689)
After reading enough reefs2go reviews I wouldn't touch aquarium depot with a 10ft pole

YEP!!^

mattscorals.com is a good one .

Buzz1329 09/04/2016 05:04 PM

My most recent order was with SaltyUnderground.

For my 180 I ordered: Ora Blue Rim Derasa Clam; Pink Carpet Lobo; Red/Blue Lobo; Purple/Green Frogspawn ; Green Splatter Hammer, and got some free zoas, shroom, etc.

For my 75 I ordered: Red Lobo; Neon Green Hammer; Ora Red Goniopora; and got some free Ricordia and tiny Candy Cane frag (2 heads).

LPS/Clam were about 3-4”.

I received everything on 7/12. Initially, I was concerned. After acclimation and Bayer dipping, the Lobos and Frogspawn seemed to show slight tissue recession. Clam would not sit upright.

7+ weeks later and everything I ordered is doing well. Recession disappeared after coral got acclimated to tank. Derasa clam settled on its side and seems to be doing great.

Especially happy with Ora Red Goniopora. Really seems to be thriving.

I would definitely NOT order anything from Aqua Overstock. Mexican Turbo snails received in early July were DOA; blue gorgonian lasted less than a week.

And BTW, I've also ordered from Live Aquaria, Blue Zoo, and Vivid and was satisfied with what I got. Lots of good choices out there and a few bad apples.

Good luck,

Mike

jdl242 09/04/2016 06:18 PM

I feel fortunate to be in a location where frag swaps are within driving range because it is definately nice to be able to see what you are getting first hand. That said, after recently taking a tour of the "Diver's Den" facility in Rhinelander, WI I have no problem recommending them. Top notch and great reputation. While there I picked up two stylophoras (a purple and a green) and a scoylmia (green) about a month ago and they are doing great!

kendrid 09/04/2016 06:28 PM

Saltcritters.com. They post sales on Facebook every few months.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

homer1475 12/02/2017 11:21 AM

I'm surprised no one mentioned Austin Aqua Farms located in TX. Great prices, but their shipping is a killer unless you order enough for free shipping(150$ now I think).

devimik 12/02/2017 09:11 PM

I've ordered a lot from Liveaquaria - both salt and fresh water fish, inverts, corals. All good and when there is an issue, they take care of it quickly.