Reef Central Online Community

Reef Central Online Community (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Military Reefers Group (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=707)
-   -   Possible PCS to Wright Patt, looking for info (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2521694)

la1fan 08/17/2015 08:54 AM

Possible PCS to Wright Patt, looking for info

There is a pretty good possibility that we will be PCSing to WP for the hubs to attend AFIT next year. I'm trying to plan ahead in case this particular move happens so I'm looking for any recommendations on local reef clubs in the area as well as LFS.

TIA :fish2:

Kahuna 11/01/2015 07:26 PM

We have a good local reef club here, Western Ohio Reef (WORC) and heartily recommend CORA (Central Ohio Reef Association). There's some sweet LFS's and you're 2 hours from Premium Aquatics!

PM me if you want specific info.

Kev
(former Viper Chief, retired out of Shaw AFB, SC)
Yeah, been there, done that, got a T-shirt...

la1fan 12/02/2015 03:49 PM

thanks Kahuna! Will be sending out a pm to you. We'll be headed to WP this summer.

Skippy2512 04/05/2016 12:27 PM

I am at WPAFB now, and have had some issues with Corals Galore. They are over priced, unfriendly, and inexperienced. Gerber's Tropical Fish located in Morane is pretty good, and they actually have good coral. Good luck while at school!

@Kahuna-Thanks for mentioning CORA and Premium Aquatics, I had no idea those were a thing.

la1fan 08/11/2016 05:35 AM

Tank is up and cycling, almost all the livestock made the trip successfully with the exception of our foxface, Gemma. Went to Corals Galore and got some plumbing pieces to update the old parts while the tank was down. They were friendly and helpful IMO but I think we were particularly happy to have availability without having to drive 3 hrs ( ah, life in So Cal lol). Will check out Gerber's when we're ready to add more to the tank and will definitely check out Premium Aquatics! Thanks for the info.
Thanks for the good wishes, Skippy2512. I'll pass them on to the hubby!

CaseysAquariums 10/27/2016 08:27 PM

Finally other ohio reefers.. I was beginning to think I was the only in Ohio with a tank. I need some stored recommend that aren't overpriced like aquarium adventure. Haso anyone been to that rivers to reefs place?

rocsec1 11/06/2016 12:50 PM

On the other side of Ohio, in Cleveland there are a couple (4or 5) great stores. Come to the LEAR swap in this area in Feb it is great.

Skippy2512 03/16/2017 07:29 PM

There are a few Ohio Reef Clubs, but I have not actually attended any of the meetings or been an active member. I need to start branching out like my hammers-haha. If anyone is in the Dayton/Riverside area that is interested in meeting up for some coffee and talk tanks, coral,fish,etc... send a PM.

ReeferNtraining 04/18/2017 02:31 PM

Skippy, I am in Fairborn. Had an extremely bad experience with Corals Galore myself and am out $500. The owner is arrogant, condescending and untruthful. If you're in the market for flatworms, tons of bubble algae, hair algae and half dead corals then it's a great place to shop!!

docsky 04/21/2017 01:15 PM

Cincyreef.com is another local reef club based out of Cincinnati.
Cincyreef, Western Ohio Reef and CORA each put on a great frag swap's once a year. Cincinnati has about 4-5 good local fish stores around town. They would be about a 45min -1hr drive south of Wright Patt.