View Single Post
Unread 07/08/2012, 01:03 PM   #229
Finsky
Registered Member

It is always a bummer when a special creature like the anemone is lost. I say this from previous experience.

At his moment I have two RBTAs three GBTAs on the left side of my tank with a breeding pair of Tomato clowns hosting in the BTAs.

I added(rescued) a six inch Brown Tue Carpet anemone about two months ago from Petco for $25. I have feed him a razor clam with silverside sandwhich once per week like I feed the BTAs.

As the Tomato clowns will not accept another clown I happended to get a free Domino Damsel which was returned to the lfs from someone who said it was "mean". He hid for one month from my four stripe damsels before he was accepted into the community to swiim without being bothered. I had read where a Domino will host in a True Carpet Anemone if one is present. The Domino made a territory around and hoving over the True Carpet.

This monring for the first time I saw him "in" the True Carpet.

I thinks it is better for an anemone to have a host than to not have a host.

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef - 250 lbs of live rock, Rena XP4, two Hydor Koralia 3250s, Aqua-Medic Tuboflotor multi 1000 skimmer - Two 60" Marineland Reef Capable LEDs - 8 1/2 years
Finsky is offline   Reply With Quote