View Single Post
Unread 04/14/2009, 06:07 PM   #58
redfishsc
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DontGotReef
Yeah, I know all about various different types of algae pearling...TRUST ME!!lol. If it wasn't algae doing the pearling, it'd look pretty cool...however.

Yeah, have heard of the Soda water method of CO2 injection, but not particularly confident about the idea...too many mixed reports. I am happy to use DIY yeast, until pressurised becomes an option.

Sorry, off topic!!

I think you can also produce CO2 by mixing vinegar and baking soda. While it's possible to set up a slow drip whereby the vinegar drops slowly into a pile of baking soda, it would be hard to get the CO2 into the tank.

For that reason you might just be able to dump the vinegar and baking soda directly into your tank.

I recommend balsamic vinegar, it has so much more character than regular old white vinegar.

“The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins” -- Søren Kierkegaard

Current Tank Info: ghetto grad school reef.....11g rimless tank, 36X9X9, lit by Cree and Rebels scobbled together. Stocked mostly with free stuff I got from panhandling my fellow reefers.
redfishsc is offline   Reply With Quote