View Single Post
Unread 10/29/2013, 11:32 AM   #21
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT_York View Post
Nice lid, makes mine look like junk!

Ca1ore, glad to hear you are happy with the setup, 400G through a straight drop isn't bad, PanWorld pumps are comparitivley noisy, I run the same pump in my 120 but only 5' of headloss so a Durso just won't cut it. What do you use for tank circulation?
I must be less sensitive to background noise than most people (which is strange because I am an audiophile) yet I don't find it noisy at all, although sump is in the basement so pump noise is not critical - always liked the PanWorld pumps, they have been very reliable for me (run them on all my tanks). I also don't find the Vortech pumps to be noisy, and they drive some people nuts it seems.

In tank circulation is an interesting question. Right now in my 265 I have a pair of Vortech MP-40's at either end of the tank, a Sicce Voyager along the back (forget which model; not one of the bigger ones though), and a closed loop (Panworld 50) with an OceansMotions device. We'll see, but I am already thinking it's probably not enough and that one of the MP40s might need to be switched to a 60; although I am tempted to try one of those Chinese Tunze knock-offs ...

Last edited by ca1ore; 10/29/2013 at 12:03 PM.
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote