View Single Post
Unread 06/24/2018, 12:33 PM   #1105
acesq
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerTy View Post
Thanks Acesq! The unit hasn't been setup yet sadly, I'm a slacker. I'm still trying to decide were to mount it as I have several options. I have an open frag tank plumbed into the main display in my fish room and a sump under the tank.

I'd imagine access is important as the need for consistent calibration is vital as well as a place to store a waste water bucket.

I almost thought about tying it into the RO waste line with a check valve and having it just pump the wastewater outside since my RO waste line is already run to the exterior but then I had concerns over the toxicity of the reagent. If it's just HCl, no worries but if there are other chemicals I need to consider, then maybe not. Good question actually, how are you disposing of your waste water?

You’re right about finding a spot that allows easy access so you can calibrate the pumps every two weeks. It’s a quick and simple process but you do have to get the unit open and place the graduated cylinder next to it below it. Git ‘er done!!

I hooked up waste line to the waste line for my auto water change system that feeds to a French drain outside. I thought about using the ro waste, they are right next to each other and feed to the same location, but I figured that since the ro waste line pressure is much higher that the Stenner pump I use for water changes, I didn’t want to have to try to deal with any back pressure issues. Plus, I rarely do water changes any more. I wouldn’t worry about the Acid used for titration, it’s such a small volume per test.