View Single Post
Unread 07/25/2006, 07:57 PM   #33
Buddy Pine
Registered Member

Thanks to everyone, sorry been busy hooking up my "auto top off" and making sure everything works before I go on vacation. A lot of back and forth here and there you guys know what I mean. Anyways, my Octopus is just doing fine, healthy and being adventurous, he moved into my Frag/Refuge tank!!, I was so surprised to see the little guy waving at me when I was in the maintenance room, I can tell from his expressions - "I'm over here.. feed me, feed me.." it just looked so hilarious to me, what a smart creature. Actually, this is a good thing, that he moved, this gives me a chance to completely isolate him and able to completely cover the tank. I had to figure out a way of feeding him when go on vacation, that means live food that will last for a couple of weeks, so I experimented by placing "Manila Clams" from a grocery supermarket and he loved it. When I dropped them in the tank he came out being curious and started juggling them. He learned quickly how to opened. Also, this guy is a picky eater as well, he does not like the same food all the time. He'll the same food only for a couple of days, after that he wants something different. So, I have to leave him a variety when I'm gone, on the menu lists are: Manila Clams, Turbo Snails, Chromis, and Ghost Shrimps on the day I leave. Yeah, this guy is a happy camper for sure, i'm doing my best to make him live as long as possible, sadly that will probably only be a more months left and the only Octopus experience I'll ever have.

Buddy Pine is offline   Reply With Quote