View Single Post
Unread 03/04/2019, 04:07 PM   #11
Neilmu
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper23 View Post
Does anyone know where to get a local octopus? Or know of any good breeders?

After waiting for a few months to see if one would show up at 6th Avenue in SF (not a fan but they said they get them in on occasion). I bought one online. There are not many options and I was really hoping to find a bimac -which I could not. So I tried my luck with a "Pacific Brown" from yourfishstore. It was from Indonesia.

Here is a video a few days after I got her;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMpSYMwLVu0&t=4s

I was super psyched when and it exceeded expectations. Then I realized it was probably nocturnal so it didn't fit the description of what I was hoping I had, an Abdopus Aculeatus. They are not nocturnal and grow to a medium size. What I wound up with was a similar looking dwarf species.

After about two weeks it settled into a cave in one of the live rocks and pulled some shells over the door and rarely came out. Then she laid eggs. So now I am very disappointed and I feel guilty... however I really want to find the octo that I am looking for so any help will be appreciated.

I recently started my search for an octopus. I see you purchased her from Yourfishstore.com. I've read some online reviews (Yelp) and was scared away. I also called and emailed but no response. How was you experience with them?