View Single Post
Unread 10/31/2017, 06:07 AM   #701
homer1475
Registered Member

Well coral loss has stopped, I think! My one remaining hammer still doesn't look it's best, but it still inflates every day. So I'm really at a loss here on the cause, but I did manage to completely wipe out 99% of my euphyllia. Every other coral in the tank is open, growing, and thriving. Even the candy cane I fragged down to 1 head looks to be close to splitting already.

Algae has been running rampant and is getting worse, manual removal, agressive GFO use(changed every other week), feeding the fish every other day(just a very small pinch of flake and about 10 NLS pellets), ATS that still isn't working properly, lights turned down to 6 hours a day, and cleaning up of my sump with marine pure remoavl is all I can really do at this point.

I'll either end up with a really nice FOWLR setup, or things will eventually turn around. At this point I don't care either way, but I will not put another coral in this tank until something changes.

To make my life easier I purchased a milwaukee salinity meter. Could not get it to 0 out with their supplied steam distilled water. After calling BRS(figured they would just have me return it and send me out another), they put me in touch with milwaukee who had me try a couple things. After a day of emailing back and forth they determined the thing might have been fouled up in shipping. They had me send it back to them, and they will check it, or send me out a new unit. Of course my wife was a huge PITA as she was yelling at me for buying in her words "an expensive piece of sh*t" as she finds most stuff I buy for the tank as sh*t. But lets not forget the 80$ a week we spend on her nails, or the 60$ every couple weeks on her hair that I think is stupid. lol

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote