Thread: Weeds
View Single Post
Unread 06/13/2019, 01:45 PM   #951
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I got a couple of new plants in today. Caulerpa mexicana and two mangrove pods, though I only ordered one. Thanks GCE!

I've been wanting to try C. mexicana on the back wall, and when I saw they had it in stock, I jumped on it. I had tried eBay, but what I got was compost at best.

Getting the mangrove was a bit of an impulse buy. Since I got two, I'm planting them in two different locations, to see which they like better. One is up high, half out of the water. The other I planted into the sand bed, completely submerged. From what I recall, planting them emergent will yield more aerial roots. I thought it would be cool to compare growth to the one in the soil. I haven't done any research on them lately, so I'll have to get into it. I don't have really high hopes, but I thought it would fun to give them a go. My pods have no leaves or roots, so I'd say I'm starting from scratch.

I haven't been able to find Turtle Weed (Maiden's Hair) online for a reasonable price, just a few ridiculously priced ones. Ha! I'll keep waiting and watching for that one. It is one I've been wanting to try.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote