View Single Post
Unread 02/02/2016, 03:04 PM   #124
autodave
Registered Member

After making that adjustment on the nozzle and seeing how much it overflowed, I actually disassembled the pump and inspected the volute, which was clean. I will double check it again tonight. I am sure my DOC's are rising since this skimmer really hasn't done much in the last 5 weeks.
The only thing I have added to my tank other than food and 2-part, is a frag glued down with superglue about 4 weeks ago. I do not use filter socks, GFO, carbon or biopellets. I have not done any painting in my house or anything similar. Trust me, I have been reefkeeping for over 20 yrs., I know what will set a skimmer off, lol. That's not to say I know it all, so I was considering putting my old skimmer back in and see how it reacts.
I understand what you are saying with the height but I feel I would need to raise the skimmer well more than a inch above what I have already done to get some control, so I am thinking that the water height is not the problem. I am thinking either it is a contaminate in the water or a air intake issue on the skimmer??... And I really do appreciate all of your help!

autodave is offline   Reply With Quote