View Single Post
Unread 02/19/2018, 07:42 AM   #6
DeepBlueSea
Registered Member

Week 7 -

I have not seen a Berghia in the main DT in quite some time. This weekend, saw two new small aiptasia growing in the mean DT one on rock work, one on the glass.. Disappointing...

I figure, let me check the 10gal system, and 7 weeks after receiving my Berghia, I find one crawling on the glass of the 10gal system. I blow it off the glass, suck it up, turn off all power to the main display, and place the Berghia right next to the aiptasia I see on the rock. Within a minute that Berghia is going to town, munching that aiptasia clean.

Watching this Berghia eat, i noticed the second aiptasia on the glass.

Next day, I look into the aquarium and low and behold, Berhia eating the aiptasia on the glass. Nice!!!!

Interesting, that I have not seen a Berghia in the main display in some 'time'. I have not seen any aiptasia either, until this week. I add a still living Berghia in the main DT and see one the next day too... Can't say it was the same Berghia or not.

However, later in the day, after the sighting, I looked into the aquarium and something is flying all over the place. Like I just fed frozen mysis shrimp. (I didn't), I try to get a good look at what's floating around the tank, but I'm not sure... It's plausible that the VorTech, sliced and diced the Berghia and sent it flying around the tank.

Again, not sure... I'll continue to update. Either I still have Berghia in the main display or maybe they have all have been through a VorTech. Again, time will be the determination.

Right now, I'm thinking the VorTech's have shredded my Berghia. Allowing aiptasia to start to multiply again. However, the Berhia that I had in the 10g system, with only a heater and air pump, have allowed Berghia to survive for 7+ weeks in my care. Won't be enough food in that tank to have a breeding survive...

Again, time will only provide the long term outcome I'm looking for and the value of purchasing Berghia for the main display.

DeepBlueSea is offline   Reply With Quote