View Single Post
Unread 08/19/2018, 01:25 AM   #16
IPT
Registered Member

Long time Canon user too and I went the same route as Doug. The kicker though is I now find myself using two systems again (grr). I think the Sony excels for my landscape and Aurora photography. However, I still use my 7D mark II for wildlife. I like the speed, focusing, and crop factor. LOL, and I still use my 6D for people (usually) because I have invested in flash gear for it and am just not ready to do the same to make the Sony's work. Honestly it's stupid though, I have cameras all over the place!

As Doug answered, you really need to decide why you are upgrading as that will help you make a decision. For me it was the dynamic range and high ISO capabilities of the Sony. That was very much needed for Aurora stuff and also the MP increase was a plus for the landscapes. As for the weight savings, unless you get all new Sony lenses it doesn't really make much difference.

As for old vs new technology, sometimes it makes less of a difference than you think (again, depending on your current stuff and goals of course). I realize this post wasn't of much help, but all I could do was share my journey. Yours may differ .

IPT is offline   Reply With Quote