View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2019, 03:08 PM   #6
MattL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleFish View Post
^^ Agree; if you can't acquire NFG in a timely manner, then combining Kanaplex + Metroplex + Furan-2 would be my Plan B.
Thank you for your excellent response. I had always used just Furan, but have purchased some NFG. It should be here in a few days.

My next question is whether NFG will have any adverse impact on a tank that could one day later be used for corals? These all seem to be organic antibiotics that I doubt persist in a reef environment over time, but I just want to ensure none of them are recalcitrant and difficult to scrub out of a system with carbon, etc.

I am considering separating the two fish, so I can feed the more afflicted one without the other present.

While I am strict about quarantine, I only have one true quarantine tank, and another isolated system I use for frags or (never at the same time) further acclimation after quarantine but before adding to the display tank (so to observe for any disease recurrence once out of quarantine).

This tank other has sand in it and a protein skimmer.

Other thank killing the bacteria in the sand, what impact would NFG have on a sand bed?

Matt

Current Tank Info: 210gal Display Tank, 125gal Sump, 75gal Refugium, 55gal Quarantine Tank, 120gal Frag Tank
MattL is offline   Reply With Quote