View Single Post
Unread 04/18/2017, 12:40 PM   #207
Tanu
Registered Member

Time for a bit of an update... My old tank does not exist anymore. As I moved into a new house 2 years ago, I also set up a new tank. Slightly smaller as I did not have more space, but I tried to make best out of it. The new tank is built in a wall in the living room and still contains about 600 litres of water...

nw_36******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

Back side:
tech6******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">

Just as the previous tank, the tank was set up as a fish tank which also contains corals. While I like the corals a lot, the fish are even more tempting.... Here are some of the inhabitants I am particularly proud of:

vissen29.10.16******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Chaetodon tinkeri

halli29.10.16******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Oxymonacanthus halli (pair, they even lay eggs!)

colini_2.3.17******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Centropyge colini (I have two, but they are no pair yet)

doopvonten_18.2.17******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
N. helfrichi and M. choati over three Tridacna squamosa

pygo_5.4.17******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Pygoplites diacanthus, I got this fish in 2003

larvatus_5.4.17a******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Chaetodon larvatus. I got this fish on December 7th 2015. Apart from grazing on the coral polyps, I got it to fatten up by feeding it fresh oysters every day. Needless to say this is definitely the most difficult fish in my tank. With the right attention, I feel it will stay with me for many years to come.

dejongi_2.4.16a******** async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8">
Gramma dejongi - right before its introduction to the tank.

Have a nice day

Current Tank Info: 170 G reef, many colored sps, inhabited by beautiful fish
Tanu is offline   Reply With Quote