View Single Post
Unread 08/17/2017, 01:53 PM   #401
mike810
Registered Member

Scott,

If I remember correctly, you recommended the outlet not be below water. You said this is what RE recommends and could possibly airlock my skimmer on restart which was why the skimmer overflowed a bit upon restart.

Either way, I have tried multiple times to have the outlet below the water and it literally kills the water level inside the skimmer body to the point that closing the wedge pipe does nothing to raise the water level adequately, I'd also have to run the pump at almost full power to get the water level back up inside the skimmer body. I've also tried adjusting the baffles in the dreambox to raise the water level after putting the outlet below the water. In the end, the skimmer doesn't function well when the outlet is below the water , this is the case for me, not saying it will be for everyone. This skimmer functions much better with the outlet above the water. It's noisier but man does it pull some nasty fish poo out of the water in record time. I drained my cup last night before bed and this afternoon, it's already a 1/4 full again.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote