View Single Post
Unread 11/05/2012, 12:34 PM   #29
karimwassef
Registered Member

Lavoisier. I originally had two tanks that would fill and be actuated by a level sensor to release and then stop. I began constructing the matrix of the safety/controls I would need to make this work and it became very complex. There are 2 actuators on each tank, then there's the sensors on the main tank and the sump. I also added an unrestricted main drain path that is also actuated...

To simplify, I moved to a single resevoir with two actuated outlets. The on/off sequence is now controlled actively based on timers with the sensors only interfering if things are out of wack. This simplified the logic (and physical implementation) tremendously and gave me many more option - like running one outlet for a longer surge .. or running both intentionally .. or creating a short cycle/long cycle mix between the two.

I don't need to vary the valve ratios on the pump filling the resevoir. All these options become programmable with fewer variables to measure and control. I like to experiment to find optima, and this gives the most flexibility too.

karimwassef is offline   Reply With Quote