View Single Post
Unread 02/07/2019, 10:28 PM   #7
HumbleFish
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL View Post
My next question is whether NFG will have any adverse impact on a tank that could one day later be used for corals? These all seem to be organic antibiotics that I doubt persist in a reef environment over time, but I just want to ensure none of them are recalcitrant and difficult to scrub out of a system with carbon, etc.

I am considering separating the two fish, so I can feed the more afflicted one without the other present.

While I am strict about quarantine, I only have one true quarantine tank, and another isolated system I use for frags or (never at the same time) further acclimation after quarantine but before adding to the display tank (so to observe for any disease recurrence once out of quarantine).

This tank other has sand in it and a protein skimmer.

Other thank killing the bacteria in the sand, what impact would NFG have on a sand bed?
The one problem I see is the methylene blue found in NFG. It stains everything blue, including the silicone seams. It's also harsh on nitrifying bacteria which is why I always dose it into an uncycled, bare bottom QT.

HumbleFish is offline   Reply With Quote